Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: I feel guilty but.....

There's a significant percentage of brutal officers that for some reason aren't winnowed out in the hiring process--but that wouldn't be so bad if they were summarily dismissed when their actions betrayed them, and they usually aren't. Chauvin was said to have 18 citizen complaints on file. I'm a big proponent of unions, but not when they protect the guilty, as police unions often do.

I think the case that upsets me most is the Breonna Taylor case where police broke into her house while conducting a misguided and totally unnecessary raid, shot up the place and killed her--an EMT and aspiring nursing student--and wounded her partner. They had no idea the thugs invading their apartment weren't home invaders. But I guess they were, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    From what I read the rioters came after the protestors left. They broke into city hall and set a fire. We had a 8 pm curfew which is why the restaurant had to close. They were pepper sprayed numerous times. Our black population is only 3%.
    Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Believe what you want. There were not that many black people on the streets for the destruction. I watched it live and you are speaking through your...... As in TT case, the riot started after the peaceful demonstration was over.
    I can well believe it. Madison is what, maybe 80% white? And with the State’s highest concentration of social justice enthusiasts and inebriated young people, most of the civil unrest there tends to be on the youngish pale side.

Lord knows we don't need no social justice 'round here!

Many of the destroyed businesses will never open again. Many are owned by black people.

Many police nationwide are working overtime to prove that they're as awful as the protestors claim.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/31/2...t-george-floyd

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    And cops be all ‘I’m gonna run you over just because I can’ or shoot you on your porch.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...-violence.html
    The shooter of porch residents are riling up the 2nd
    amendment peeps.

This is pretty much what the Second Amendment is all about—-government goons marching down your street shooting at you.

It's just all so, so sad.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    The shooter of porch residents are riling up the 2nd
    amendment peeps.

This is pretty much what the Second Amendment is all about—-government goons marching down your street shooting at you.
    Maybe the second amendment peeps have a point. I don't recall the police acting so callously a few weeks ago in Michigan when the protestors were mostly heavily armed.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Many police nationwide are working overtime to prove that they're as awful as the protestors claim.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/31/2...t-george-floyd
    I suppose they could sit home and watch cities burn.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I suppose they could sit home and watch cities burn.
    Or they could show some empathy for the protestors pain and potentially deescalate the situation.

https://cbs12.com/news/local/police-...n-coral-gables

At the protest in san diego right now, peaceful so far, the protestors are trying to get the police there to kneel. Whether they do or not will probably determine the course of the rest of the evening.

Thread Information