Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: I feel guilty but.....

Live in Indianapolis We had a large peaceful organized protest which was pretty well handled on each side. Then they were "invaded" by others at around midnight who proceeded to riot and damage all kinds of downtown properties. Arson attack on a pharmacy, damage to statues, looting, etc. The organizers ended the protest and tried to stop what was going on but had no control over the people who came to riot.

I only live one mile from there and have considered ensuring I have my short shotgun and shells easily accessible. But it was so quiet here we did not know what was going on until the morning news.

Rioting even happened in Ft Wayne, IN

https://www.wane.com/news/local-news...n-up-underway/

If you have firearms, best keep them accessible.

The St. Louis rioting started at the main police headquarters which is a mile from where I live. They moved onto Highway 70, mile and a half from me. But I never worried about it, not even really keeping track of it because we’re not on a path to anything.

If we were between the police headquarters and Highway 70, that would be of concern but we are not. If we were a business that carefully and conscientiously served the African-American community, we would be very worried because those seem like popular targets.

Slight difference now, how many of the burned businesses, were going to survive? A cynical part of me, thinks that there will be businesses, who tried to lure rioters and arsonists, so they get the insurance, or federal disaster area payout. (closing due to stay at home orders)
    How many businesses, did the rooftop Korean thing (92 riots)?

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Slight difference now, how many of the burned businesses, were going to survive? A cynical part of me, thinks that there will be businesses, who tried to lure rioters and arsonists, so they get the insurance, or federal disaster area payout. (closing due to stay at home orders)
    How many businesses, did the rooftop Korean thing (92 riots)?
    The MSP burned businesses I've seen detailed were a Target store, pharmacy (Walgreens, I think), auto parts store. In MSP, a brand new apartment building (think it might have been still under construction) was burned.

Added: And how do you explain the burned businesses in Ferguson? Do you really think they lured people to burn them down?

Talk about conspiracy theories!

I think it was the auto parts store that was targeted by the gas-masked guy with a hammer. There are rumors he is a police officer, due to the type of mask. That kind of action may be in play in other areas as well.

Read that local military police are in "make ready" status to be deployed if the mayhem continues.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I think it was the auto parts store that was targeted by the gas-masked guy with a hammer. There are rumors he is a police officer, due to the type of mask. That kind of action may be in play in other areas as well.
    And a new conspiracy theory is born. Or at least an old one recycled.

I heard that Bob Barr's Justice Dept., sent operatives to every major US city to stir the peaceful protesters into a violent rage in order to justify their murder by National Guard troops. (Not really but if it becomes a lede on CNN, remember you heard it here first)
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    The MSP burned businesses I've seen detailed were a Target store, pharmacy (Walgreens, I think), auto parts store. In MSP, a brand new apartment building (think it might have been still under construction) was burned.

Added: And how do you explain the burned businesses in Ferguson? Do you really think they lured people to burn them down?

Talk about conspiracy theories!
    Reading comprehension here. Difference, means not the same. Ferguson was different and in a different time. Some auto parts stores are doing OK here, while others that are in a more residential based area, are not doing as well.
    I have not seen a list of the complete places that have been damaged or destroyed, and am not sure the rioters are done being destructive a holes.

Thread Information