Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: I feel guilty but.....

I think that's good, to pass out masks. Protesters and rioters are not the same people. And the mayor is trying to protect the populace.

At least one, gas-masked hammer-carrying white provocateur has been videoed walking up to a window, smashing it, and walking swiftly away as a black woman challenges him. He's been identified as a a police officer by his ex, though the department refutes that. I'm sure some of the looters are opportunists, but there's more to it than meets the eye, clearly.

In Cincinnati a police officer was shot in the head during a peaceful protest. Luckily he was wearing a helmet and survived.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

A restaurateur named McAtee was killed in Louisville just standing around handing out food. I guess he should have worn a helmet:

A police chief has been fired and two officers are on administrative leave after a barbecue business owner in the West End of Louisville, Kentucky, was shot dead by law enforcement trying to enforce curfew amid protests over a previous police shooting, officials said.

David McAtee, who owned YaYa's BBQ, was shot and killed early Monday morning in the parking lot of Dino's Food Mart on 26th and Broadway, where he normally set up his stand.
    (ABC)

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    Well said.

I’ve donated to the ACLU and black lives matter this week. I’m too scared to join the protesters nonviolent marches. Both scared of covid and scared of the violent few joining us. I admit that. But I give money. I do what I can.

I’ve got a 6 year old biracial grandson. His life matters.
    How would you feel if your neighborhood was destroyed? I am hand-wringy about property damage. In many cases, these are small owned businesses that people worked HARD to get. Some of the neighborhoods being destroyed will take years to rebuild. I think it is disgusting!

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Can’t make an omelet without breaking eggs?

Especially if the eggs are someone else’s property, home or livelihood?

Murder is bad. Arson is bad. Pillage is bad. They are crimes committed by individuals, not collective identities, and individuals should be held accountable for them.
    How do you know they are not committed by collective identities? Many times the damage is done after the peaceful protesting. There are people coming in with backpacks filled with rocks, etc and leaving gas filled water bottles around the neighborhood to pick up and throw later. I have talked to people who are picking these up from their neighborhood. This sounds to me like a planned assault by a collective group.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how did Twitter link a newly created account to white nationalists? The story didn't say and it seems to me that in the absence of someone identifying themselves in their profile or sharing an IP or email address with someone who had, the claim would be hard to verify.

I'm not implying that the story lacks credibility but learned long ago to question accusations read on the internet.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    That's my take on brutal and dishonest bad actors on the right. I'm kind of surprised it's even being reported.

I guess these are the "Profas." They're clearly pro-fascist.

Me, I'll stand with Antifa.

Not me. Based on what my son has witnessed and heard, I believe it to be white supremists.

Thread Information