Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Masks/going out ?s - Bae?

I’m not sure what constitutes a low level of infection. In normal times the studio draws from At least 6 counties and two states. It is on the edge of a large city.

the glazing area opens fully into the kiln room which has exhaust fans for the kilns. It has warehouse ceilings and windows that open. It has space for five people to each have a 6ft work area. The studio is enforcing one person per area, although I think the private booths are allowed to share on their own discretion.

I wear glasses which makes goggles difficult.

i don’t think option 3 is an option, but I suppose I could ask.

CL, you can google your local area and see what the infection rate is. I do it everyday.

I can find statistics. I’m asking - from a medical standpoint, how does one define “low” also, do I check all the potential counties? Average them? Just look at the physical location of the shop?

Kaiser Permanente has said that ”low” means “a distinct downward trend toward the singles digits, i.e. Statistically less cases and deaths, week to week.”

We still, at least theoretically, have a travel ban in California and my county of residence has now had no deaths from Covid19 for 14 days, and there is a very distinct downward trend in new cases, while testing has increased 4-fold. I feel more comfortable being out and buying groceries, going into the bank (finally open again), etc. and still taking precautions, of course.

In your case with the pottery shop, I think I would want to know who is currently, actually, using it. Is it really local people, or are people traveling in from those farther away places? That would make the difference for me because I could look up those numbers. Also, is it possible to schedule times when you would be the only person working in there?
    Last edited by mschrisgo2; 5-31-20 at 2:35pm. Reason: Clarity

I thought I would update on the pottery.

i have gone twice. Both times I was the only one in the glaze room. There is an online sign up for spaces, so you can see who will be there. Everyone is wearing masks. Disinfectant is at each station and staff wipes down the disinfectant bottles, Sink handles, and other high touch areas. Staff also washes hands when moving from one area to another. All doors and windows are kept open and there are fans blowing outward. Work stations are widely spaced and well marked, although few are in use. One person allowed in the retail shop at a time and they give you a pair of disposable gloves that are required for shopping. They prefer that you simply order ahead by phone or online and pay at the time and they will place your items on your shelf or on the pick up counter. They are currently open to members only. I feel very safe there, but my membership expires at the end of July and I will probably take a break then. I have a few more items to glaze and intend to roll some extra large slabs on my next visit if the table area is not in use.

CL, sounds like they are doing a good job of keeping the place and people safe.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    I thought I would update on the pottery.

i have gone twice. Both times I was the only one in the glaze room. There is an online sign up for spaces, so you can see who will be there. Everyone is wearing masks. Disinfectant is at each station and staff wipes down the disinfectant bottles, Sink handles, and other high touch areas. Staff also washes hands when moving from one area to another. All doors and windows are kept open and there are fans blowing outward. Work stations are widely spaced and well marked, although few are in use. One person allowed in the retail shop at a time and they give you a pair of disposable gloves that are required for shopping. They prefer that you simply order ahead by phone or online and pay at the time and they will place your items on your shelf or on the pick up counter. They are currently open to members only. I feel very safe there, but my membership expires at the end of July and I will probably take a break then. I have a few more items to glaze and intend to roll some extra large slabs on my next visit if the table area is not in use.
    It sounds as safe as it can be CL. Yea you!

Thread Information