Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Space-X

Space-X

I see that after a near ten year hiatus, we are launching people into space again. That is a very good thing.

Hurrah for egotistical billionaires.

The launch made me feel like a kid again. Plus, I love the 2001-Space-Odyssey design of the craft and the suits.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    The launch made me feel like a kid again. Plus, I love the 2001-Space-Odyssey design of the craft and the suits.
    They did strike me as more stylish than the normal government issue. Sort of how a Bond villain would dress up his minions. And let’s face it, the Shuttle was about as cool as my dad’s old Country Squire.

Who is paying for this?

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Who is paying for this?
    The taxpayer of course. It's interesting though to see how SpaceX has diminished the cost per launch as opposed to NASA. They've developed re-usable rockets which dramatically lower the cost per launch, perhaps by as much as half. I don't think it would ever occur to the government to do that.
    I thought the most interesting part of today's launch was watching the Stage One rocket land itself on a recovery ship named "Of Course I Still Love You". There's another one named "Just Read The Instructions".
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    The taxpayer of course. It's interesting though to see how SpaceX has diminished the cost per launch as opposed to NASA. They've developed re-usable rockets which dramatically lower the cost per launch, perhaps by as much as half. I don't think it would ever occur to the government to do that.
    I thought the most interesting part of today's launch was watching the Stage One rocket land itself on a recovery ship named "Of Course I Still Love You". There's another one named "Just Read The Instructions".
    Great. Just what we need! The damn wall and now this also unneeded expense. What a waste.

I believe it's been funded by the gov't to a tune of $5 billion or so...but Elon Musk, Google and other shareholders own Spacex. Unless I've read wrong.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

I love this. Guess I’m in the minority.

It beats spending billions on wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post

It beats spending billions on wars.
    Yeah, because wars have had nothing to do with the space program........

(friends grandfather was brought over in operation Paperclip)

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    You’re not alone.

Thread Information