Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: June Frugals

And if the clothes are a bit worn, with the whole world collapsing, my philosophy can be summed up in the words of Melania:

"I really don't care. Do U?"

because I am beyond caring at this point, so long as they cover one's naked, the clothes have done their job.

Looks like it's going to be a buy nothing year.
    Trees don't grow on money

I gave up shopping thrift stores for clothes. It’s frustrating with different brands being different sizes and trying on a ton of stuff, etc. When I need something I shop the end of season sales. For things like coats I always have 2.

Yppej
    I was scheduled for a pedicure this past weekend in an adjacent state and was quoted $35 in writing no less. When I arrived they tried to charge me $50.00. I walked out. No one is going to price gouge me because they see the plates on my car and know I can't get their service in my home state.

We were feeding oranges to the orioles, but the thieving chipmunks kept making off with them. DH saw a good idea online and now we are putting the oranges in a basic suet cage. The chipmunks can still get some, but they cannot make off with the whole orange. So now the cupboard is not bare when the orioles show up and the oranges are lasting longer. We also go a new suet feeder that is supposed to make the suet last longer, and so far, it seems to be living up to its claim. It has a smaller mesh so the starlings and grackles and squirrels cannot just annihilate the suet cake in no time, they are restricted to polite nibbling behavior only.
    A lot of people in my town are distressed about nail salons still being closed. I've always done my own nails, so this isn't an issue for me and I guess I can claim it as a frugal. This leaves me more money for bird food.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    We were feeding oranges to the orioles, but the thieving chipmunks kept making off with them. DH saw a good idea online and now we are putting the oranges in a basic suet cage. The chipmunks can still get some, but they cannot make off with the whole orange. So now the cupboard is not bare when the orioles show up and the oranges are lasting longer. We also go a new suet feeder that is supposed to make the suet last longer, and so far, it seems to be living up to its claim. It has a smaller mesh so the starlings and grackles and squirrels cannot just annihilate the suet cake in no time, they are restricted to polite nibbling behavior only.
    A lot of people in my town are distressed about nail salons still being closed. I've always done my own nails, so this isn't an issue for me and I guess I can claim it as a frugal. This leaves me more money for bird food.
    I think I've had 3 manicures (no pedicures - lol) in my whole life - not something that I felt was worth shelling out my hard-earned money for when other needs were so pressing. Your post did, however, remind me that I have 1 suet cake left to put outside - a gift from a sibling. With rain coming the next couple of days, I think I'll wait for the weekend to put it out. Thanks for the reminder!!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I only get a mani-pedi before a vacation.

DH bought a new car--well, a ten year old car, but new to us. He took out the back seats and now our dog kennels fit perfectly, side by side. It is a very comfortable ride. So far we had a tire warning light go on--going in tomorrow to have them replace a sensor on the tire. We went to auto parts store and replaced front windshield wipers, and back wiper arm and wiper, as the old one was broken and it had no wiper.

Youtube video coached him through the repair, so saved money that way.

Yppej
    I found some summer pajamas. Prices were good but lines were long. Inventory was limited - I was not able to stock up as some of you recommended. There was a lot of old winter merchandise, not that much for this season. No one stopped from trying on clothes over my clothes or accused me of shoplifting. White middle-aged privilege.

Yppej
    Bought a winter jacket for $6.49 and that is all I think I will need for winter clothing if we get a second wave and stores shut down again. I still am not finding T shirts which is the last thing I need. The store I went to only had them in yellow which is not my color. I will have to wait for more places to open up.

Wow, that is a great score for a winter jacket!

Thread Information