Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Here are features I want in electronics

Maybe Uber is the answer...

(Actually, I was looking at 2016-2018 Subaru models)

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I don’t think I would like a new car from what everyone is saying.
    I occasionally get to drive DD's very recent model Honda Pilot with all the toys. Mind you, this is a guy whose first car had a manual choke and not even pushbuttons for the radio.

Maybe if I drove the Pilot more often I'd get used to the display in the middle flashing about to show me what's behind me when I back up and what's to the side when I move the signal stalk (when it's not constantly changing to update the temperature and which song is on the radio); I could get used to the "bumpy" reminder that I'm close to a pavement marking line; I wouldn't think twice about dangling my fingers over the console to shift into reverse (and my foot would not reflexively push the clutch pedal that isn't there), etc. On my current car I did get used to the doors locking themselves at 7 mph and the headlights switching themselves on and off based on the setting of the ignition key. But, at least at first, it seems like there's a lot going on besides driving, and I'm happy to crawl back into my car and actually control where the vehicle moves, not just assist it. The Pilot is a much fancier car than mine -- and much safer, too. Time has marched on.

I suppose, in not too long a time, driving my car will seem to us like driving early cars that required cranking to start and constant fiddling with the throttle to keep running. I've already blown 3yo granddaughter's mind with the notion that my car does not keep moving unless I move a lever and push a pedal many times between stop lights. Time has marched on.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post

Computers

I would like a master setting that can be permanently installed. It would work this way: whenever I made Setting change, unintentionally, like aN MS
    wORD toolbar disappear or a ribbon disappear or somesuch setting, I could hit the master key and everything with snap back to the original settings that I programmed onto the master key.
    Absolutely! Totally agree with that! Too easy to click on something accidentally and lose your favored settings.

A friend of mine who is 10 years older won’t drive a car older than 3 years. She leases every 2 years which I think is a big waste of money.

Thread Information