Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Virginia

Yppej

Virginia

This might be a destination for those who want to breathe freely in the summer heat. Their tourism website says "only wear a mask if you are ill" and notes "most are not airtight, they have not been proven to effectively stop the spread of Coivid-19".

https://blog.virginia.org/2020/03/covid-19-travel-tips/

Finally, a voice of reason amidst the paranoia.

Reason? I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Don't wear a mask if the very idea sends you into paroxysms of rage/frustration/fill in the blank. Wear a face shield or don't go places where they are required, or have a lightweight one you can wear back and forth to your car. Print a large "Breathe Free or Die" on the front of it. Geez--we get it.

I read about a doctor who thought he caught COVID19 on a flight (recirculated air and all). His theory was that the virus entered his eyes because he was wearing a mask.

My estimation, after doing some research, is that a decently fitted mask--especially one with a filter--is a valuable layer of protection. YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    This might be a destination for those who want to breathe freely in the summer heat. Their tourism website says "only wear a mask if you are ill" and notes "most are not airtight, they have not been proven to effectively stop the spread of Coivid-19".

https://blog.virginia.org/2020/03/covid-19-travel-tips/

Finally, a voice of reason amidst the paranoia.

OMG you're still at it. Honestly, I don't care anymore if you get this stupid virus. But dear God, I hope you don't give it to anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I read about a doctor who thought he caught COVID19 on a flight (recirculated air and all). His theory was that the virus entered his eyes because he was wearing a mask.

My estimation, after doing some research, is that a decently fitted mask--especially one with a filter--is a valuable layer of protection. YMMV
    Be accurate. He did not get it through his eyes BECAUSE he was wearing a mask. The eyes are an effective entry point for anything that gets into us via mucous membranes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    Be accurate. He did not get it through his eyes BECAUSE he was wearing a mask. The eyes are an effective entry point for anything that gets into us via mucous membranes.
    Wasn't that what I said? It was what I meant to say. He felt that he contracted the virus through his eyes because he thought his mask stopped it from being contracted through his nose. I worded it awkwardly, I guess.

I am thankful I followed Tybee’s advice about the ignore button.

Yes there is probably some benefit to eye protection:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...142-9/fulltext

(yes this source has been in some question lately, in hot water over questionable hydroxychloroquine studies - but I have no opinion on hydroxychloroquine nor remdesivir nor favipiravir etc., except shouldn't be politicized. However, there probably is something to eye protection. So googles at the supermarket, good idea?). Nah I don't expect to convince the willfully obtuse.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I am thankful I followed Tybee’s advice about the ignore button.
    Same here.

Thread Information