Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need non-tech solution for tech problem

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I put it in the shade of a bucket and that did not seem to help.

Today is a cool day in the low 80s so it’s doing fine. But earlier in the week it was in the low 90s and it bugged out on me.

I guess I could bring an umbrella from home and see if making a little umbrella shade tent would help it but I don’t think it would. And now I wonderIf a phone would do the same thing if it was plastered to my body. I have not tried to use my iPhone as a pod cast broadcaster because I just didn’t wanna deal with it because I don’t usually have pockets and I’d have to find a pouch to carry it in. while it’s doable I just would prefer not to have a device strapped to me.
    Just stick your iPhone inside your bra.

Quote Originally Posted by pony mom View Post
    Would a Bluetooth speaker work? You could put the ipad somewhere cool and shady and just keep the speaker nearby. I have a Sony one about the size of a small can of soda; the sound is really good:

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-SRS-XB12...a-736580650947

It's also waterproof and covered in rubber so if you bounce it around it's OK.
    That's what I do when working outside. The sound quality is much better than my iPad.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Haha! Not in ILs yard. Karma from the Tree Gods! .

I like the small cooler idea--you probably wouldn't need ice--wouldn't the insulation alone keep it cool enough?
    I also like the Bluetooth idea, as long as the iPad isn't too far away from IL.
    haha well, yes sorta.

lI know I said no tech solution, but I think a Bluetooth speaker might well be a good idea because I’ve been thinking about getting a speaker anyway due to the not great sound quality coming from the iPad

Have you tried holding the power button down? Maybe you should also avoid airflow from air condition during summer weather. This is why I do not want using my phone often. Especially playing games on phone, since it overheat right away. I am now downloading and playing games on my PC. Been addicted to gacha life lately. You should try it it ifever you have PC or MAC.
    Last edited by Alan; 8-5-20 at 11:10am. Reason: Removed several advertising links from new members first post.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    haha well, yes sorta.

lI know I said no tech solution, but I think a Bluetooth speaker might well be a good idea because I’ve been thinking about getting a speaker anyway due to the not great sound quality coming from the iPad
    I realize I'm a little late to the conversation, but SO bought a couple of these to use with his new iPad. They sound fantastic, and you can even pair them together to get stereo output.

https://www.amazon.com/Bose-SoundLin...s%2C345&sr=8-3

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I realize I'm a little late to the conversation, but SO bought a couple of these to use with his new iPad. They sound fantastic, and you can even pair them together to get stereo output.

https://www.amazon.com/Bose-SoundLin...s%2C345&sr=8-3
    I bought these: Earfun Uboom
    in part due to the stereo effect. I have another (megaboom), that doesn't do stereo, but can link up more then 100 speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    I bought these: Earfun Uboom
    in part due to the stereo effect. I have another (megaboom), that doesn't do stereo, but can link up more then 100 speakers.
    Do the speakers talk to each other? Because otherwise having 100 that had to be within Bluetooth distance of the iPad would seem excessive...

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Do the speakers talk to each other? Because otherwise having 100 that had to be within Bluetooth distance of the iPad would seem excessive...
    They pair up, and the old and new models look the same. The same model must be used for stereo though (that and half the price, with longer battery life, is why I went with the U boom, when a family member did a fairly long term borrow of it).

Thread Information