Thread: Current US Foreign Policy

Current US Foreign Policy

I just got off the phone with an old roommate of mine. I won't drop titles because reference to experience and knowledge tends to upset folks, I'll just say he's spent his entire career at the US State Department doing hands-on work... And he's a bit miffed, because things are absurd, foreign-policy-wise right now.

Anyways, so I ask you all....

What about the G7? WHO? Korea? Hong Kong? China? Russia? And so on....

All sorts have things have happened in the past couple of weeks. We've been too busy burning down cities and avoiding death-by-pandemic to really notice, I suspect, but the basic trend isn't good.

It hasn't been good for a lot longer than that - but it does seem to be picking up speed. Russia and India in the G-7? Why, so he has more backing from leaders who hold power the way he wants to have power? And removing funding from the WHO is just nuts. What I don't get is how the Trumpets believe any of this is making America "great"? Clearly our influence as a leader of the FREE world is not what it was.

All I can say is that he needs to worry more about all those Democrats and independents who believe in the second amendment. Lots of quiet gun owners may support gun control, they just don't see a need to flaunt what they have. Not that that has to do with foreign policy, sorry for the OT

It hasn't been good for a lot longer than that
    weapons of mass destruction, yep pretty much
    Trees don't grow on money

Concerns me a lot Bae. We are sliding into fascism.

We should maintain our sanctions against Russia, that's for sure.
    I hope the next president can repair our agreements with Iran, NATO, WHO, and all the other organizations Trump has given the finger to.
    We need to come out strongly against right-wing dictatorships where they exist, instead of cozying up to them.

Totally agree Jane.

Thread Information