Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fostering Pets

Puppia

We used a Puppia harness for Lily, our foster dog who couldnt have a collar around her neck.

Oh my gosh isn’t this cute:

https://www.chewy.com/puppia-vivien-...ness/dp/169874

Or what about this one:
    https://www.chewy.com/puppia-junior-...mall/dp/169852

I am thinking our new little girl bulldog coming in within the next couple of days will need some stylish harnesses! Usually I don’t buy my dogs junk like sweaters and clothes and toys-that-dont-last, but I think she’s going to be cute enough that we will want to dress her up.

I like the first harness the best IL. My babies need clothes in the winter because they are cold in the house. I saved some of the clothes between dogs but Max needed a boy wardrobe. I also bought him new toys.

Geila
    How cute is this!

I bet some of those=--like the last one--would serve the same purpose as Thundershirts.

Louie belongs in a household with no other pets or children.

Geila
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Louie belongs in a household with no other pets or children.
    Thanks.

Geila
    Just got off the phone with rescue, she's working on moving him.

If the dogs are bonded they should go together. We never have certain beds that are only for a certain dog. They can lay in whatever one they want. We rescued a dog that would bully the others but luckily she couldn’t move fast so the others could get away. I worried about my son’s 2 big dogs getting sick of it but they stayed afraid of her. She also bit me a few times. I attributed that to her injury.

Sounds like Louie may need a visit to the vet. Perhaps he is hurting some where? Grumpy behavior is often a sign of not feeling well.

It also occurs to me that he May need a home with less animals. That’s a lot for him to work through to find his place in the pack.

I’m always clear with fosters that they are at the bottom of the totem pole. I feed in order. My 3 yr old boy is first, because my girl acquiesced to him when he was about 1.5. She comes second. The girl I rescued and kept comes third, and fosters after her.

I had bad behavior, like you describe, with my rescued girl for a while. It took me a while to figure what was going on. I had gotten lazy and started setting the girls food down at the same time, one in each hand. She took that as permission to challenge and try to move up in the pack. A friend happened to stop by at doggy dinner time, and pointed out what I was doing. Arg! I know better! As soon as I corrected my behavior, she settled back into her place and all the obnoxious behavior stopped.

Dogs- can be complicated little beings.

Thread Information