Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: June Purge

Had put stuff out on our "magic sidewalk" a couple days ago and the last item was gone as of this morning! Yay!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Sold an ugly light fixture on FB Marketplace that had been sitting in a corner the past two weeks. Yeah! It's gone.

Two file cabinets and a grill out on the curb and gone!

more to the curb and gone--a very cool hipster metal and plywood chair (since it was part of a pair and the other one looks great and I don't feel like fixing the other,) three parson's tables, a bookcase with annoying back that got wet and needs to be replaced, from Target, and three planter pots.

Wow Tybee, you are getting rid of some big stuff! Must be making an impact.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Wow Tybee, you are getting rid of some big stuff! Must be making an impact.
    Well, it's a start. And I am taking a closer look at stuff and saying, do I really want this project, or do I want someone else to undertake it? My problem is husband wants to have a yard sale to make money and I just want to get it all gone right now, instead of having a big lump of garage sale stuff clogging up the place.

Moving right along, Tybee!!! Congrats!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

We are clearing an area behind the house. It had been a dumping ground, but with the new window that went in with mini split, we’ve been looking at it, where we hadn’t. So, it’s being cleaned up. The old trash is mostly gone from there, logs that we were going to split, a bench, part of the old cold frame, etc. it’s been raked. When all the junk is gone, one large pile remains, and after we’ve leveled it, we’ll put gravel down and move the lawn chairs we're keeping there too. Maybe, eventually, we’ll put down flagstones and make it a sort of informal patio.

So, part of our monthly purge is the other lawn chairs, the leaves, rot wood, asst. metal stuff, etc. that had been piled there.

also, I sold a table and some books. And donated 1.5 boxes of books too.

I got sick of garage sales after helping my friends that were downsizing have 3. Now I either sell stuff online or give it away. The last one was 6 years ago and that friend has asked me numerous times to help them again to which I say no way!

I've been to too many to want to have one myself, haha.

yesterday we put out an Eastlake bed that had a crack in it, a wooden bookcase, and a very cool but distorted old wooden mirror. Also some wood and metal rails DH got from barn--all the furniture gone but the wood still out there.

I told him to put all of the wood in one place and put an ad on Craigslist for someone to come get all of it as a lot of people burn in those outside wood burners around here. He has a woodshed full of wood and we don't have a woodstove here.

Thread Information