Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: June Purge

Had a garage sale with a friend Saturday from about 8-1. Got rid of 25 (?) pieces of clothing, some exercise equipment, purses and household stuff. Made about $125. We may have another one at her house in October (she's got LOTS of STUFF). After that, whatever is left is donated. My goal is to go through my Christmas decorations and reduce down a couple of storage containers by selling at the October sale.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Hub pulled 4 clothing items from our small armoire at the cabin. They are all in great condition but he thinks he's worn them enough. Into the goodwill bag along with 3 from my closet that are too big now.

Sold one of the tires that came out of the old shed. Took the one with no rim and am going to turn it into a planter for tomatoes or something.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    Good for you Beckyliz. I'm glad you were able to have a yard sale in these times.

Glad your pallets went--ours were gone by the next afternoon, hooray! Also some tarpaper for roofing that he put out there.

Took two boxes to Goodwill, am downsizing the games collection.

I am counting the removal of brush---trimming the azaleas that had gotten to 5 feet tall! They are now at a controlled height and there's a fine path between the shrubs and the house. We put the brush in the newly cleared brush pile in the garden ( a big job) so have a good place for the clippings to dry for later removal.

The magic sidewalk has come through again! A set of 13 old golf clubs in a heavy golf bag was taken yesterday.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

We're putting a chipper on Craigslist, fingers crossed--husband has sold a lot of big stuff like saws and trailer since pandemic. He is turning into a Craigslist whiz, although we have had a lot of scammers, so that's been an education in itself.

We put our washer and dryer on 5 sites. If not gone in a few days will reduce the price.

Sold it within a hour. Had 6 people contact me.

Thread Information