Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: June Purge

My kids may be moving into a one bedroom apartment and if they do I will take their twin bed for my office and give away the double. It will give me more room. Normally I would sell it but with the virus will give it away. I will ask my neighbor first because money is tight and they have taken everything I have offered.

Yppej
    I found three old cans of peaches in the back of a kitchen cabinet and I am eating them up. That's one way to declutter!

Yppej
    A pillow that has lost all shape, an item of clothing that is worn, tight and constricting.

Continued with the old shed clean-out and have, once again, almost filled our garbage can. Have a couple of things to take pictures of to list for sale, so hopefully they will go quickly.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Was going to put our jacuzzi tub that has been sitting in the garage for 7 years on Craigslist. Yesterday we dug it out and unwrapped it and found mice had eaten teh blankets covering it and nested--so purged 3 tarps and 2 blankets, and thoroughly sanitized and cleaned the jacuzzi, and it looks wonderful and we are keeping it. But if we had not decided to sell it, we would not have dealt with it, and now it's dealt with.

Tybee, our climate is perfect for the tubs as we can use it year round. It’s most enjoyable in winter.

I am trying to purge some books but DH refuses to let go of his 1980s new age books that haven't been touched in years. There is a stack of them about three feet high. Ugh...not worth an argument so I guess I'll box them up.

Just sold three more out-of-the-shed items!!! YAY!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Tossed a small power-washer that had all of its tubes and wires gnawed by mice and chipmunks. And we donated an old car which will be picked up today, decluttering the drive. Have two large bags of items in the car, ready to go to Goodwill on the next trip out, as they have reopened here.
    Last edited by early morning; 6-10-20 at 3:07pm.

We cleaned out our shed yesterday and several items are going out with today's trash. I'm giving away another bird feeder and ornamental birdhouse via local FB giveaway page.

Thread Information