Page 145 of 236 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 2353

Thread: What's for dinner?

We got some on sale and we both liked them. This week I made Easy Red Lentil soup. It had cumin and cayenne pepper so was quite spicy and warm. Another soup to add to the rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    We got some on sale and we both liked them. This week I made Easy Red Lentil soup. It had cumin and cayenne pepper so was quite spicy and warm. Another soup to add to the rotation.
    I am not a cook, but I really love making soup, and I'm pretty good at it, if I do say so myself. Today we're on Day 3 of a locally-sourced, grass-fed roast: day 1, regular meat and potatoes; day 2, "stew"; and day 3, barley, mushroom, beef soup.

I feel good about myself because DH is a great cook, but I definitely know more than he does about soup.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Catherine’s mention of roast remind me that earlier this week I put a pork shoulder roast in the oven. I’m trying to use up things in our freezer so we will have fewer things to move. It was a little overdone, reminding me of my mothers Sunday roasts that were always overdone which reminds me why I never put roasts in the oven. When I cook hunks of meat it’s usually in the slow cooker.

My brother and I laugh about our mothers Sunday roast and how nearly inedible they were.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Catherine’s mention of roast remind me that earlier this week I put a pork shoulder roast in the oven. I’m trying to use up things in our freezer so we will have fewer things to move. It was a little overdone, reminding me of my mothers Sunday roasts that were always overdone which reminds me why I never put roasts in the oven. When I cook hunks of meat it’s usually in the slow cooker.

My brother and I laugh about our mothers Sunday roast and how nearly inedible they were.
    I can't remember if your mother has English/Scottish/Irish ancestry but my MIL also cooked the heck out of her roasts. When she would order steaks in restaurants and they asked her how she'd like it she always said "cremated."
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    After a handful of failures, I found this and follow the instructions closely. I add sesame seeds to the mix, too. I have her hardcover cookbook and it's my favorite. I sometimes make scrambled tofu with a few spices, salsa, and/or vegetables for breakfast. Tofu "egg salad" is still in the experimental stage, but working on it.

https://cookieandkate.com/how-to-mak...py-baked-tofu/

One nice thing about it is that roasted vegetables can be baked at the same time and temperature, as long as they are turned half-way through.
    I tried it tonight. I like it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I can't remember if your mother has English/Scottish/Irish ancestry but my MIL also cooked the heck out of her roasts. When she would order steaks in restaurants and they asked her how she'd like it she always said "cremated."
    That's me! I like my meats "very" well-done! LOL.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Last week I bought butternut squash “noodles “in the vegetable aisle that are ridiculously expensive. I sautéed them with onions and a couple of vegetables including kale and splashed with balsamic reduction. Really good. Like them so much that I bought two packages this week.

Looks like we are all on a butternut squash kick!
    A tabletop spiralizer is easy to use and may be a good investment for you???

Chicken kabobs yesterday and made twice baked potatoes that will be topped today with bbqed pulled pork and steamed fresh green beans on the side.

Received a gift card to a favorite Korean restaurant so the entire family is finally able to get together tonight and go! I'm being "mom excited" just to have everyone together.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    A tabletop spiralizer is easy to use and may be a good investment for you???
    No but thanks. I’m will pay for somebody else to do that work.

Thread Information