Page 11 of 236 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: What's for dinner?

I'm making a pasta salad and DH will cook salmon filets.

Tuna salad on rye, large salad with onions, avocado, and tomato with artichoke dip dressing.

Tonight will be a repeat of the chicken and dumplings. It is a favorite now.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yesterday we made a tuna pot pie and will have it for lunch again today. Tonight is a new recipe for Chicken Enchilada Casserole which is a lot like lasagna but with corn tortillas and Mexican seasonings. Makes a 9 X 13 pan so will probably make 2.5 or 3 meals.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    Yesterday we made a tuna pot pie and will have it for lunch again today. Tonight is a new recipe for Chicken Enchilada Casserole which is a lot like lasagna but with corn tortillas and Mexican seasonings. Makes a 9 X 13 pan so will probably make 2.5 or 3 meals.
    Do you have a recipe you can share for the tuna pot pie? I've never heard of that and am looking for some new tuna recipes. Sounds interesting.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Oooh -- reminder that I need to "shop" at the freezer for tonight's dinner....
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

My friend made coconut shrimp for all of us and it was delicious. She used a skinny recipe and air fryer.

Yppej
    A salad with nopalitos.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    My friend made coconut shrimp for all of us and it was delicious. She used a skinny recipe and air fryer.
    I've made coconut-breaded chicken and served it with a dipping sauce. Very good.
    I must revisit some of those oldies but goodies. Like peanut sauce and chicken wraps.

I make a cream sauce with butter and flour(about 1/4 cup of each) and the juice from the can of Leseur peas and about 3/4 of a can of evaporated milk. Add the peas, a can of drained tuna and in this case some leftover sweet corn. Salt and pepper to taste. Pour into a greased pie pan and cover with a cheddar homemade crust. Brush with egg but this is optional. Bake at 425 for 30-45 minutes until brown. It takes a long time to cook the crust thru even though it is only on top. Cool a little and serve.

We do the same thing with my husband's chili and have made the same recipe with leftover chicken and chicken broth (instead of pea juice) plus the rest. Also good with mushrooms and almost any vegetable. It is a snap since it has no bottom crust to worry about.

I have made this creamed tuna for over 50 years since I was a child. I search out that brand of peas because i think they are sweeter. None of this is ever wasted.

Thread Information