Page 118 of 236 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 2352

Thread: What's for dinner?

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    Cold noodle salad with vegetables, chicken and peanut dressing
    That sounds really good! Do you follow a recipe?

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    How does one prepare eggplant pizzas? I done ratatouille, had eggplant in a stirfry but not a pizza.
    I slice an eggplant on the round about an inch or so thick (your choice), olive oil on both sides and put on a sheet pan. Put in ~400 degree oven and cook about 10-15 minutes (depends on thickness and I like the bottom to get a little brown). Remove from oven and turn each piece over, apply sauce, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and whatever other toppings you may want. Put back in oven until cheese is melted. The eggplant DOES get soft!!! Some people don't like that consistency, but we like it.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

It's funny, one summer my dad went on an eggplant cooking kick because his mother used to make eggplant, and he ended up giving up, and saying, "I might as well be cooking cardboard."

But we ate a lot of eggplant that summer.

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    I slice an eggplant on the round about an inch or so thick (your choice), olive oil on both sides and put on a sheet pan. Put in ~400 degree oven and cook about 10-15 minutes (depends on thickness and I like the bottom to get a little brown). Remove from oven and turn each piece over, apply sauce, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and whatever other toppings you may want. Put back in oven until cheese is melted. The eggplant DOES get soft!!! Some people don't like that consistency, but we like it.
    Thanks. I like eggplant so will try this.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Thanks. I like eggplant so will try this.
    Good luck. It took me a bit of adjusting and trial-and-error to get it the way we like it, but I think it was worth the effort.

Dinner tonight - leftovers. lol
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Finally tried the cauliflower pizza crust recipe... eh. LOL. It was somewhat labor-intensive and timely. The crust did NOT crisp up the way I thought the recipe said it would. But it actually tastes decent. Not sure I'll try it again, though.

We had a big shrimp salad.

Today will be chicken in gravy, with roasted cauliflower and a rice/quinoa combo.

We will probably have another big salad with the leftover grilled salmon from Saturday night.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

I'm on the "too damn hot to cook/eat plan."

Thread Information