Page 105 of 236 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 2353

Thread: What's for dinner?

Grocery shopping today so may just cheat and pick up a frozen pizza.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Last night was a quick chicken enchilada casserole bake. Only 4 ingredients and with our canned chicken it only took a few minutes to put together and put in the oven. That's my kind of cooking.

Today I'm putting a batch of split pea with ham soup in the crockpot. I'm the only one who eats it in my family, but I love it. I'm not sure if I'm going to make something else for everyone else, I doubt it, they can fend for themselves. One meal a day is enough for me.

Last night marks the first time in maybe ten years that DW cooked original meals two nights in a row. Not, as they say, that there's anything wrong with that. A beef roast done up like a stew minus something to thicken the gravy (and i ate around the carrots). The night before was a Mexican shrimp dish that proved too spicy for her; I enjoyed the leftovers for lunch. Tonight? Maybe takeout night; maybe I'll get ambitious and make something; maybe leftovers.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Bacon and eggs on WW toast with tomato and an orange
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Takeout drunken noodles. We split one order. I made Asian style slaw to go with it. Sliced oranges.

Chicken Marsala on a bed of linguine.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Ground beef, done "Eye-talian style" on black soybean (low-carb) pasta. Tonight we have grandchild #2 with us, so probably chicken wings -- unless this week we don't like chicken.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Yppej
    Baked leek and potato.

Tilapia, roasted asparagus and some leftover new potatoes and Red Lobster biscuits.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

I treated myself a dinner from a Vegan take out, YUM a Thai inspired sweet potato with a green apple ginger and cucumber juice. WOW it all I can say.

Thread Information