Page 167 of 170 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 1692

Thread: What's for dinner?

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    So how did they turn out? What were the ingredients that made them vegan?
    They were okay, I guess. Not sure why they were vegan--they had raw cashews, ground up, and oat flour (we just ground up oatmeal) and brown rice and miso and spices. We ate two and froze four (ended up with only six.)

The texture was very "meatlike" if that is what you were after. Would not make them again but would use the ground oats and brown rice--saw another recipe with ground up carrots, and I think you could shred zucchini and improve them. The taste was good, so maybe the miso was important?

They did freeze quite well.

Will try this one next:
    https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/be...-bean-burgers/

I just want to have someone cook for me, all the time. Or like 3-4 times a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    They were okay, I guess. Not sure why they were vegan--they had raw cashews, ground up, and oat flour (we just ground up oatmeal) and brown rice and miso and spices. We ate two and froze four (ended up with only six.)

The texture was very "meatlike" if that is what you were after. Would not make them again but would use the ground oats and brown rice--saw another recipe with ground up carrots, and I think you could shred zucchini and improve them. The taste was good, so maybe the miso was important?

They did freeze quite well.

Will try this one next:
    https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/be...-bean-burgers/
    Thanks. I have a couple different non-meat burgers/patty recipes, each using various beans, mushrooms, carrots, etc. as the main ingredients. Some turn out better than others - LOL.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Thanks. I have a couple different non-meat burgers/patty recipes, each using various beans, mushrooms, carrots, etc. as the main ingredients. Some turn out better than others - LOL.
    I want to try one with the black beans--these felt like they were missing that body. And I like carrots in there, and onions. Would like to try the ones with feta cheese. (We are not vegan.)

One-pot meal - homemade rice-a-roni (from The Tightwad Gazette) with ground turkey and peas.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I just want to have someone cook for me, all the time. Or like 3-4 times a week.
    That would be lovely...

Will look up the ground turkey peas rice recipe. I thought she did a great job with figuring out economics of recipes. Although it spoiled me for things like the cashew burgers!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I just want to have someone cook for me, all the time.
    My wife has someone like that. She loves it.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

If my husband would just read the Tightwad Gazette, he would be the perfect cook!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    My wife has someone like that. She loves it.
    I’ll bet she does.

Since we retired I make DH lunch and I bring it to him in his chair. Lunch I don’t mind, but I’m getting very tired of making dinner for either one of us.

Thread Information