Page 149 of 236 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 2352

Thread: What's for dinner?

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    I think they actually may have had it available at every meal. When I pulled mess duty, they actually put me on the door - never back in the kitchen or on the line. Yes, I was VERY lucky! But I did look it all over. Interesting choices. LOL.
    Now you've got me craving SOS. For those civilians reading this, that's an acronym you can probably figure out on your own.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Now you've got me craving SOS. For those civilians reading this, that's an acronym you can probably figure out on your own.
    I know very few people who would admit to craving that particular food! Go for it, Alan. Dinner for tomorrow! Or breakfast. Or lunch. You choose. LOL.

(Actually, I may look for a jar of the beef next shopping trip myself!)
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    OMG! My mom used to make chipped beef on toast! The jar of beef was torn into pieces, added to a homemade white sauce and served over toast. I actually loved it! Made it for my kids and they liked it as well. I haven't thought of that in decades! Thanks for the memory reminder. LOL.
    yes! Chipped beef on toast. I have not thought about that in forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Rice with soy sauce, garlic powder, and onion powder.
    I also really like rice now and eat it often. We didn’t have rice growing up because my dad had it too often growing up or in the Navy so my mom didn’t make him eat it. Therefore we never had it.

Tonight's dinner was butternut creamy sauce over pasta and broccoli.

DH likes SOS, and orders it when it's on the menu. I find it rather gummy and bland.

My mom also loved the frozen Swansons, but they were for special events to be carried into the living room and eaten from tv trays. Think election, Olympics and sports playoffs mainly. We didn't have a tv in the kitchen. Dinnertime was for conversation.

Yppej
    Leftover relish mixed in with leftover cottage cheese. The boss bought a bunch more snacks today so I wasn't that hungry when I got home.

Worked day shift and found myself craving pizza. Stopped at Aldi's on the way home for a few things, so picked up one of their pizzas. (Not frozen!) LOL.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    Tomatoes, tarragon, olives, marinated artichokes and nutritional yeast flakes, chopped and mixed into a use up what's on hand salad.

Leftovers from yesterday, smoked turkey breast, mac & cheese, candied yams and white corn.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Navy bean soup, home made bread, tortilla chips.

Thread Information