Page 51 of 236 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: What's for dinner?

Yesterday was chicken and broccoli with cheese and sauce over rice. Today - not sure yet. LOL.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Leftover pot roast with a coffee/orange glaze (meh; would just as soon have used a good mustard) and roasted Brussels sprouts with grated Pardon-me-san (from the green can). Tomorrow? Maybe pizza from the wood-fired oven down the street from us. We've been meaning to try it and Monday may be fairly busy.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Tonight was shredded bbq chicken on homemade sourdough rolls with cauliflower.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Probably a bean burrito and a nice green salad.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Curried chickpeas over couscous and a pear and blue cheese salad.

Shells and caesar salad.

Ordered a pizza for the first time in a long while

I have some wonderful leeks in my garden that I must harvest as the temp goes down. Tonight is fresh leeks sauteed with diced potatoes in chicken broth, some spicy sausage slices and chickpeas with some tomato slices on the side. This will last for two meals at least.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Last night was a quinoa and veggie dish. Tonight is baked ziti with sausage.

Great Northern beans are soaking. When I get home, I'll put them in the pressure cooker along with a ham bone, carrots, celery and onion for ham & beans. While it's cooking, I'll bake up a pan of cornbread. Can't wait.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Thread Information