Page 185 of 236 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 2352

Thread: What's for dinner?

chicken pot pie

I've been accumulating ingredients for a batch of chili. On different days I cooked three varieties of dried beans from a regional grower, tomatoes and tomato puree from the garden, some diced locally sourced and roasted green chilis and a few other standard ingredients. The rather loose recipe fills a four quart soup pan and most of it gets frozen. But tonight was freshly made chili and cornbread.

Bbq chicken wings drenched in Frank’s wing sauce. I wanted to change the menu after the drama with the bird tonight but SO wasn’t home yet when it happened and had been looking forward to dinner so they are now about half cooked…

I had Authentico Noo-Yawk Style Italian sketty, made from scratch with REAL ramen noodles and imported old-world ragu sauce! A recipe brought over from Sissyly, by my great-great-great Grandmama! Magnifico! Yup. You would pay AT LEAST $25 for a plate of this at youyr favoriute bistro, with reservations made months in advance! Then, stand in line for two hours, waiting to be seated! I was properly attired for the meal, wearing paint-splattered clothing. Yup.

I am so citified that yesterday when I saw this magazine on a rack in Hermann, I stopped and stared. It seems like a joke. It seems like a parody. But it is not, it is a real magazine.

https://www.magzter.com/US/CMG-West-...ore/Lifestyle/
    This just goes to show how divorced I am from people who live closer to the land than I do. I now live in a place where youth have their own guns and know how to use them, and who are featured in the newspaper every year with their dead deer draped across their laps.

I wonder if Jordan Peterson has a subscription...

Wow! I decided to make a naan pozza today that mimicked one I had Saturday for my birthday called ‘the inferno’. One of the leftover jalapeños from a month ago's farm shipment was more than enough. These guys keep getting hotter as they age!

Today is a slow roasted chicken. I found a web site where they recommended cooking a 4.5 lb chicken for 3 hours at 300. Supposedly it will practically fall off the bone and the skin will have melted onto the meat. Two hours of cooking and it is around 130 degrees and smells fantastic. Interestingly they also recommended putting onion slices on the pan under it so that you don’t need a rack and then you can eat the crispy onions with it.

A stew or soup made of farro, navy beans, tomatoes, onions, celery, carrots, and kale. Prepared yesterday, but will probably be part of a main meal a couple of days this week.

I keep wishing to eat less meat but hard with DH's carnivore ways. At least I have him trained to do meatless Monday. He is making Thai coconut soup with Gulf shrimp tonight. I will make an Asian cucumber salad as a side since the soup is so spicy.

Thread Information