Page 76 of 236 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast

Thread: What's for dinner?

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    I made a new to me soup last night and it was quite interesting. Called Ruby Winter Vegetable Soup, it had red cabbage, red onion, beets, carrots, parsnips, garlic, allspice, bay leaf, chicken broth. At the end you add 2 T. balsamic. Then I immersion blended it although the recipe didn't call for it to be. Man, really good! I had also baked my 2-ingredient bagels to have along with it. Nice for a cold evening.
    I need to know more about those 2 ingredient bagels!

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    I need to know more about those 2 ingredient bagels!
    1 part fat free Greek yogurt (I suppose you could use full fat, I just don't)
    1 part self-rising flour (must be self-rising)

Combine and knead until it's a nice dough. Shape into bagels by rolling short ropes and sticking the ends together or just stick your finger in a disk of dough and making a hole.
    You can leave them plain or top with sesame seeds or Everything But the Bagel topping.
    Bake at 350 for 15-20 min.

I use 1/2 cup parts and get 4 small bagels.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Sounds like a great soup, Kay!! We're also having soup--split pea, made from the Christmas ham bone. I only had split pea soup once in my life, when I was about 10, and I hated it, but I have to admit, either my taste has changed, or DH is a really good cook! (I think it's the latter).
    I see split pea soup in our near future, too, since I have a ham bone from Christmas dinner. I always use the crockpot for mine.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

1 part fat free Greek yogurt (I suppose you could use full fat, I just don't)
    1 part self-rising flour (must be self-rising)

Combine and knead until it's a nice dough. Shape into bagels by rolling short ropes and sticking the ends together or just stick your finger in a disk of dough and making a hole.
    You can leave them plain or top with sesame seeds or Everything But the Bagel topping.
    Bake at 350 for 15-20 min.

I use 1/2 cup parts and get 4 small bagels.
    What is a "nice dough?" That's the sort of thing in recipes that trips me up every time!

Stir-fry with garlic, onions, red pepper, a sausage and some hash browns. Dessert is whole black cherries from the freezer.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I see split pea soup in our near future, too, since I have a ham bone from Christmas dinner. I always use the crockpot for mine.
    Curious... this is our first time making it, and we were surprised that the recipe he's using doesn't call for a blender to puree it. Do you puree yours?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Yppej
    Black bean crunch wrap.

Curious... this is our first time making it, and we were surprised that the recipe he's using doesn't call for a blender to puree it. Do you puree yours?
    Never ever pureed my split pea soup. The peas became so soft and the onions and other veggies I added gave it some texture along with the scraps of ham. I haven't made it for a while so should one day soon.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Never ever pureed my split pea soup. The peas became so soft and the onions and other veggies I added gave it some texture along with the scraps of ham. I haven't made it for a while so should one day soon.
    I'm hardly the bean expert, but i've never pureed green pea soup (or added ham, truth be told) either.

I don't puree it, but I use my potato masher in it for a minute or so.

Thread Information