Page 58 of 234 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast

Thread: What's for dinner?

red clam chowder
    Trees don't grow on money

Yppej
    Last night was an Amy's shepherds pie.

We had a stressful day so went back to the drive-in for another fish basket. I think fish and chips is kind of the high point of fast food.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    Steve - I’m wondering if this would be keto approved?
    If you mean the bean-and-corn salad recipe you posted, at 23 net grams of carbs per serving, it would be okay as-is for someone doing One Meal A Day/intermittent fasting.

But one could make some substitutions. Black soybeans (canned) would be a fine substitute for the black beans and would take several grams of carbs out of it. Pull back on the corn a little and, yeah, it would fit for most people.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Thai green curry with chicken.

Homemade chicken noodle soup
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Dinner tonight will be Thai. We were booked to go to a B&B in rural Minnesota, and figured early on that we'd be OK for a couple of nights in our own room and with breakfasts dropped off outside the room. But with a four hour trip to get there (pit stops) and not a lot to do but drive around (we didn't want to be poking around inside cramped gift shops and county historical museums -- if they're open) and the flareup in COVID-19 cases, particularly in outstate MN, we just thought better of the whole thing. We're staying home.

So we'll honor the desire for a change in scenery by taking a short drive and then picking up takeout dinner. Staycation it is.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Last night was hamburgers, tater tots and salad. Tonight is pasta and a hot sandwich from domino’s.

Meatloaf and roasted carrots 🥕

I was going to add rice also, but ran out of energy. Less carbs so it’s a win win.

My favourite for dinner is noodles. It's so easy to make and so tasty. I have a great julienne vegetable peeler so I julienne zucchini and carrot easily with that. I love sometimes to difersfiy and add some more veggies like corn, mushrooms etc.

Thread Information