Page 63 of 234 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Thread: What's for dinner?

Since we won't be having turkey soup , it's frozen pizza: a self-rising one for DH and an American Flatbread for me. Plus a salad.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I made some chicken soup with ample chicken pieces sometime ago and froze. Defrosted and added lots of veggies and some bouillon concentrate. Delish! Enough for another day. Large orange for dessert.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Pizza here, too, from a new pizza place in town. Doing our bit to try to keep independent restaurants alive during Lockdown 2.0.

New York style, they say. I'll be the judge of that.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Will do turkey soup in the cp today, using up some - if not all - of the remaining turkey, gravy, etc. with added sweet potatoes and some diced veggies. There is a nip in the air today, so I'm looking forward to some soup.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

This 16-inch diameter pizza is about to go into a hot oven. The dough was made from scratch: 3 cups all-purpose flour, 1 packet quick-rise yeast (proofed in warm water), 2 tsp sugar, 1 tsp kosher salt, and olive oil brushed on fermentation bowl and baking pan.

The toppings include store-bought spinach and Okinawa Spinach (leaves are purple on the underside) cut from an indoor plant I brought in shortly before frost. We have 4 pots of Okinawa Spinach growing in a sunporch with a southern exposure. I generally cut a stem when it is 12-18" long, and harvest the leaves for salad or stir fry.

000_0507 (2).jpg

Nice! I love the idea of bringing the spinach in. Next year, when we are settled. I did bring in my heirloom poppy that I container planted really late in the season, because I save the seeds. It's still blooming.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    New York style, they say. I'll be the judge of that.
    Or I won't.

After being put on hold for 20 minutes (where else did I have to be?) we called another pizza place; the family running it bought the pizzeria just before Lockdown 1.0. Good, but definitely not New York style. Nice break from turkey, though.

Tonight's dinner is a Japanese-style beef in the slow cooker. I'll serve it over a bed of shredded stirfried cabbage. Maybe a side vegetable; not sure yet.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Yppej
    A mix of chopped walnuts, tomato, guacamole, olives and brewer"s yeast - just mixed up what I had in the fridge.

Hot sugarfree cocoa.

Meatless Monday so...pie shell left from Thanksgiving will use for a mushroom, green onion and spinach quiche. Steamed beets with balsamic vinegar and fresh basil. Grapefruit and oranges with avocado on arugula.

PT: "Grapefruit and oranges with avocado on arugula" sounds amazing. What do you dress it with, if anything?

Thread Information