Page 209 of 237 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 2365

Thread: What's for dinner?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    My wife has one, but she says he's not that great.
    Ha!

Ok---they had a lb o' ground beef, marked down for quick sale, at the place where the po' fokes shop. So yeah---I got it, split it in half, and microwaved half just enough, and poured it on the catts dry food. Did the same the nex day, with the other half. I did feed a couple of the old old ones in cat carriers, cause they don't eat as fast. So anyway---they liked it. Yes, I know; there's tons o' cautionary tales on the net, about feeding cats anything but REAL catt food, Yummie Nibbles or whatever @$3 a can, recommended by veteranarians everywhere! We all know that Vetttanarians LOVE animals----that's why they became vettanerrians, right?. Ha. Well, those catts o' mine glared at me and proceeded to eat their people food, wondering why I did not buy them some REAL catt food, recommended by vetttanarryans. Anyway---hope that helps you kids some.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebittybobby View Post
    Ok---they had a lb o' ground beef, marked down for quick sale, at the place where the po' fokes shop. So yeah---I got it, split it in half, and microwaved half just enough, and poured it on the catts dry food. Did the same the nex day, with the other half. I did feed a couple of the old old ones in cat carriers, cause they don't eat as fast. So anyway---they liked it. Yes, I know; there's tons o' cautionary tales on the net, about feeding cats anything but REAL catt food, Yummie Nibbles or whatever @$3 a can, recommended by veteranarians everywhere! We all know that Vetttanarians LOVE animals----that's why they became vettanerrians, right?. Ha. Well, those catts o' mine glared at me and proceeded to eat their people food, wondering why I did not buy them some REAL catt food, recommended by vetttanarryans. Anyway---hope that helps you kids some.
    I think cats (and dogs) should eat people-grade meat, not dry, prefabricated mystery meal.

I had a pound of ground beef with onions and garlic for my meal-o-the day, personally.

Okay---TYVM, Lady Jane, for your input on the subjecct. Tonight, the doggs had hott doggs, cut upp, and macaroni w/vegetable oil, steada cheese, on their dry food. Like the catts, they wonder why I'm not feeding them food "recommended by 99.99% of Vetttanarians, who love animals!". But yeah---they eat it all up, before the possums attempt to get it. But yeah---'Possums are exempt from Vettanarian recommendations, 100%. Yup. Hope that helps you some.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I think cats (and dogs) should eat people-grade meat, not dry, prefabricated mystery meal.

I had a pound of ground beef with onions and garlic for my meal-o-the day, personally.
    If you had the opportunity to observe my bulldog who enthusiastically greets his twice daily meal of exactly the same thing, dried food, you would not be so dismissive of it. He loves it and is always excited about meal time And when he gets little extra treats of people food, he’s over the moon happy. “Chimken” is his favorite people treat.

My tiny cat is a chow hound and does not get fat but hangs around the kitchen counters for people food and as result she does get more than the other cat who is much better behaved.

Egg salad tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    If you had the opportunity to observe my bulldog who enthusiastically greets his twice daily meal of exactly the same thing, dried food, you would not be so dismissive of it. He loves it and is always excited about meal time And when he gets little extra treats of people food, he’s over the moon happy. “Chimken” is his favorite people treat.

My tiny cat is a chow hound and does not get fat but hangs around the kitchen counters for people food and as result she does get more than the other cat who is much better behaved.
    Animal food manufacturers are apparently as good at engineering hyper-palatability into their food as human ones.

Okay-----This product looks yummy as well as delish. Yup. But yeah---it's sold by case of 12 cans. 2023-06-05 (3).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Animal food manufacturers are apparently as good at engineering hyper-palatability into their food as human ones.
    Many decades ago DH worked for company that made Friskies cat food. He knew about palatability testing, although they did not conduct that at his food plant.

The guys in quality control would play a joke on visitors to the plant. They would have a pre-marked can of tuna on the assembly line, marked in a way known only to them. They would pick it off assembly line in front of the tour group, open it, and remark how good the product was, and then he would eat some of it.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Many decades ago DH worked for company that made Friskies cat food. He knew about palatability testing, although they did not conduct that at his food plant.

The guys in quality control would play a joke on visitors to the plant. They would have a pre-marked can of tuna on the assembly line, marked in a way known only to them. They would pick it off assembly line in front of the tour group, open it, and remark how good the product was, and then he would eat some of it.

Thread Information