Page 209 of 237 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 2365

Thread: What's for dinner?

  1. #2081
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Always logged in
    Posts
    25,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    My wife has one, but she says he's not that great.
    Ha!

  2. #2082
    Senior Member littlebittybobby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Posts
    1,890
    Ok---they had a lb o' ground beef, marked down for quick sale, at the place where the po' fokes shop. So yeah---I got it, split it in half, and microwaved half just enough, and poured it on the catts dry food. Did the same the nex day, with the other half. I did feed a couple of the old old ones in cat carriers, cause they don't eat as fast. So anyway---they liked it. Yes, I know; there's tons o' cautionary tales on the net, about feeding cats anything but REAL catt food, Yummie Nibbles or whatever @$3 a can, recommended by veteranarians everywhere! We all know that Vetttanarians LOVE animals----that's why they became vettanerrians, right?. Ha. Well, those catts o' mine glared at me and proceeded to eat their people food, wondering why I did not buy them some REAL catt food, recommended by vetttanarryans. Anyway---hope that helps you kids some.

  3. #2083
    Senior Member JaneV2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    15,489
    Quote Originally Posted by littlebittybobby View Post
    Ok---they had a lb o' ground beef, marked down for quick sale, at the place where the po' fokes shop. So yeah---I got it, split it in half, and microwaved half just enough, and poured it on the catts dry food. Did the same the nex day, with the other half. I did feed a couple of the old old ones in cat carriers, cause they don't eat as fast. So anyway---they liked it. Yes, I know; there's tons o' cautionary tales on the net, about feeding cats anything but REAL catt food, Yummie Nibbles or whatever @$3 a can, recommended by veteranarians everywhere! We all know that Vetttanarians LOVE animals----that's why they became vettanerrians, right?. Ha. Well, those catts o' mine glared at me and proceeded to eat their people food, wondering why I did not buy them some REAL catt food, recommended by vetttanarryans. Anyway---hope that helps you kids some.
    I think cats (and dogs) should eat people-grade meat, not dry, prefabricated mystery meal.

    I had a pound of ground beef with onions and garlic for my meal-o-the day, personally.

  4. #2084
    Senior Member littlebittybobby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Posts
    1,890
    Okay---TYVM, Lady Jane, for your input on the subjecct. Tonight, the doggs had hott doggs, cut upp, and macaroni w/vegetable oil, steada cheese, on their dry food. Like the catts, they wonder why I'm not feeding them food "recommended by 99.99% of Vetttanarians, who love animals!". But yeah---they eat it all up, before the possums attempt to get it. But yeah---'Possums are exempt from Vettanarian recommendations, 100%. Yup. Hope that helps you some.

  5. #2085
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Always logged in
    Posts
    25,660
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I think cats (and dogs) should eat people-grade meat, not dry, prefabricated mystery meal.

    I had a pound of ground beef with onions and garlic for my meal-o-the day, personally.
    If you had the opportunity to observe my bulldog who enthusiastically greets his twice daily meal of exactly the same thing, dried food, you would not be so dismissive of it. He loves it and is always excited about meal time And when he gets little extra treats of people food, he’s over the moon happy. “Chimken” is his favorite people treat.

    My tiny cat is a chow hound and does not get fat but hangs around the kitchen counters for people food and as result she does get more than the other cat who is much better behaved.

  6. #2086
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,863
    Egg salad tonight.

  7. #2087
    Senior Member JaneV2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    15,489
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    If you had the opportunity to observe my bulldog who enthusiastically greets his twice daily meal of exactly the same thing, dried food, you would not be so dismissive of it. He loves it and is always excited about meal time And when he gets little extra treats of people food, he’s over the moon happy. “Chimken” is his favorite people treat.

    My tiny cat is a chow hound and does not get fat but hangs around the kitchen counters for people food and as result she does get more than the other cat who is much better behaved.
    Animal food manufacturers are apparently as good at engineering hyper-palatability into their food as human ones.

  8. #2088
    Senior Member littlebittybobby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Posts
    1,890
    Okay-----This product looks yummy as well as delish. Yup. But yeah---it's sold by case of 12 cans. 2023-06-05 (3).jpg

  9. #2089
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Always logged in
    Posts
    25,660
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Animal food manufacturers are apparently as good at engineering hyper-palatability into their food as human ones.
    Many decades ago DH worked for company that made Friskies cat food. He knew about palatability testing, although they did not conduct that at his food plant.


    The guys in quality control would play a joke on visitors to the plant. They would have a pre-marked can of tuna on the assembly line, marked in a way known only to them. They would pick it off assembly line in front of the tour group, open it, and remark how good the product was, and then he would eat some of it.

  10. #2090
    Senior Member JaneV2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    15,489
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Many decades ago DH worked for company that made Friskies cat food. He knew about palatability testing, although they did not conduct that at his food plant.


    The guys in quality control would play a joke on visitors to the plant. They would have a pre-marked can of tuna on the assembly line, marked in a way known only to them. They would pick it off assembly line in front of the tour group, open it, and remark how good the product was, and then he would eat some of it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •