Page 61 of 236 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: What's for dinner?

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I have been so miserable all weekend. I think I have an abscess and will need a root canal. It is especially frustrating because I tried to be proactive and went to the dentist twice, but everything looked OK and nothing showed on x-ray. I could feel that something wasn't right, but couldn't even tell exactly what tooth it was coming from. He did the tapping test Fri, and that must have really awakened something, because I woke up with so much pain on Sat morning (at least now I know exactly which tooth is the problem). So I am living on grits, scrambled eggs, cottage cheese, cream of rice and smoothies ( with a generous helping of Tylenol, Motrin and Orajel). I will be calling my dentist first thing when they open.
    I'm so sorry. I hope you can get this resolved quickly!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Rosa, teeth problems are the worst! Y, stuffing is really good with pork chops.

Post root canal here. Still sore but feeling better just knowing it's the pain of healing rather than a festering abscess! Mashed sweet potato with a side of cottage cheese, nice soft and comforting.

Ginger turkey meatball and vegetable soup
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Yppej
    A tossed salad and raspberries with cream cheese.

Vegetarian lasagna....we'll have leftovers tomorrow and turkey Thursday with leftovers from that Friday.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Leftover night: a little meatloaf, a little salmon, a little baked ham, and mushroom barley soup.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Curried chicken, green beans. I'm boring myself...

Yppej
    Wild rice with canned tomatoes and cheese. I haven't decided yet on cheddar or parmesan.

Rosa, glad you got to the dentist!!!

Posted this under the turkey thread, but it's also dinner tonight:

My Thanksgiving menu will be turkey, mashed potatoes, homemade cranberry sauce along with the canned stuff - LOL- , homemade sourdough rolls, steamed carrots, gravy, dressing and mac 'n cheese (child wants to make). Feeding a neighbor and they contributed a pumpkin and apple pie.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information