Page 84 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast

Thread: What's for dinner?

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    Crack slaw and citrus salad
    Finally looked up what crack slaw actually is. I am making this with 6 shrimp that need to be eaten up. I could not believe how many have posted crack slaw recipes online.
    I thought that this type of dish was a stir fry.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Finally looked up what crack slaw actually is. I am making this with 6 shrimp that need to be eaten up. I could not believe how many have posted crack slaw recipes online.
    I thought that this type of dish was a stir fry.
    The first thing that popped into my head was crack cocaine.

Red beans and rice with smoked kielbasa.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

More eggplant bruschetta over quinoa and a frozen peanut butter bar.

This is the crack slaw recipe we use:
    https://www.budgetbytes.com/beef-cabbage-stir-fry/
    Tonight is a veggie bowl - farro, sweet potato and black bean with other chopped veggies and an avocado sauce

Chicken-broccoli stir-fry, brown rice.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    This is the crack slaw recipe we use:
    https://www.budgetbytes.com/beef-cabbage-stir-fry/
    Tonight is a veggie bowl - farro, sweet potato and black bean with other chopped veggies and an avocado sauce
    Thanks for posting... will have to try this out!

Main meal is lunch at this house... today was mushroom stew and homemade bread.
    https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/...m-burger-stew/

Tomorrow I am making a loaf of bread. Last spring I made bread so often and loved it so gained 'covid bulge'. I have been holding off making a loaf but frugal-one is inspiring me as I have some fresh mushrooms.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Last night I had a free BK chicken sandwich: free because DH was picking one up for me at the drive-thru and when he went to pay, the staff member at the take-out window told him the car in front of him had paid for it for him. Random act of kindness at Burger King!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Dinner with the grandkids last night -- spaghetti with red sauce (Creamette spaghetti for them, edamame pasta for us) and sliced cucumbers and radishes.

The chicken I planned to make turned out to be chicken wings (not leg quarters; apparently still somewhere in the freezer), so I oven-fried the wings (toss them in baking powder and salt before cooking) and made a butter/garlic/Parmesan sauce for them along with asparagus DW picked up at the big-save store.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Thread Information