Page 187 of 236 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 2352

Thread: What's for dinner?

Gonna throw a quick chicken stew in the cp.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Okay---still got summa them frozen taters left plus that big bottle o' ketchup. That will work for brunch n dinner. But yeah---I went to Bare Walls Mart---and luck prevailed; they had 7 cans o' king-sized catt food, and also a 35# of yummy dry catt foood & a 50# of yummy dry dogg food. That left me with just enough funds to splurge, and buy a coupla cans o' REAL spaggetti-O's, steada the great value brand o's. I must now check n see what my traveling f-book friends are havingf, in some faraway rest-o-rant.

Oh man. Spaghetti-o’s. I haven’t had those since I was a kid. Reminds me of the time I went to one of the oldest McDonald’s in the LA area a few years ago. I hadn’t eaten red meat in decades but decided to have one of the cheeseburgers that I used to eat on the daily when I was In High school. Holy cow (pun kind of intended). That little burger almost sent me running for the toilet to have a reversal of fortune as they say at the Coney Island hotdog eating contest.

I never liked Spaghetti-o's, even as a kid, but I'm not a total snob because I am quite fond of Ramen Noodle Soup.
    We had crabmeat salad sandwiches on fresh Scali bread from the bakery. I really like those!

Scallop potato & ham casserole type dish in the cp.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Oh man. Spaghetti-o’s. I haven’t had those since I was a kid. Reminds me of the time I went to one of the oldest McDonald’s in the LA area a few years ago. I hadn’t eaten red meat in decades but decided to have one of the cheeseburgers that I used to eat on the daily when I was In High school. Holy cow (pun kind of intended). That little burger almost sent me running for the toilet to have a reversal of fortune as they say at the Coney Island hotdog eating contest.
    Well, see---McDees serves Gray Meat, not red meat. Many people develop hamburger throat, shortly thereafter. But yeah---I noticed the lines at the drive-through are longer'n ever, anyway. But yeah--McDonalds is inconvenient & expensive, for what you get.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I never liked Spaghetti-o's, even as a kid, but I'm not a total snob because I am quite fond of Ramen Noodle Soup.
    We had crabmeat salad sandwiches on fresh Scali bread from the bakery. I really like those!
    Okay---here's another recipe trickk for you kidds---try mixing one little ol' can o' Cammmells' tomato soup(expensive) with one little ol' can o' Alwayz Save(our local generic brand)tomato soup(less expensive). Put in you favorite grease(margarine, butter, or cheese), sparingly. Very good that way. Hope that helps you some.

Split pea soup, cornbread, dark beer.

Freshly baked bread with apple butter

pork chops, potatoes and peas.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Thread Information