Page 142 of 236 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 2353

Thread: What's for dinner?

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    The red/yellow/green/coconut milk Thai curry? My favorite is green, with green beans and chicken

Oddly, I found my favorite chocolate--Guaranda--at TJ's, but they didn't have it long. I don't like shopping there because it's invariably too crowded--especially at the cheese aisle. For some reason, it's always full of parents with children underfoot when I go there. I do like their cheeses and nuts.
    Oh you are right, this is more Thai than Indian. But coconut milk curry does appear in southern Indian cuisine.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Oh you are right, this is more Thai than Indian. But coconut milk curry does appear in southern Indian cuisine.
    I keep a stock of coconut milk and Thai curry pastes around, in case a shortage develops. Also, a large jar of ginger/garlic paste--used in both cuisines, I think. And sweet chili sauce (Mae Ploy brand), which I swear I could drink out of the bottle.

Also, I sometimes add peanuts to my green curry with green beans. Now I'm hungry...

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I made this recipe for DH and he LOVED IT!!! And he "doesn't like" Indian food. If I can make it, anyone can make it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMfUsS9zeuw

But I did hedge my bets by buying Patak's Original Tikka Masala sauce. Haven't tried it yet, but it's good to have in pantry when you're 300 miles from REAL Indian food.
    Wow! That recipe in the video looks awesome! The one I used was similar except it didn't include the yogurt/lemon juice and I bet that extra little punch will make all the difference. SO has bowling again wednesday and we have extra chicken thighs from dinner tonight so I may have to take a second stab at chicken tikka masala!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post

jp that is very interesting about your visit to Charles Shaw bottling. My local winery, while growing its own grapes,also buys grapes from nearby growers. It is my dream to donate a handful of our grapes to them so that I could hold up a glass and say “here are my grapes!” Haha.
    It's pretty common for wineries to buy and sell grapes to each other. Charles Shaw takes that to an extreme since they don't grow any, and buy massive amounts from other vineyards, but it's by no means uncommon. For instance there is a vineyard, whose name I don't recall at the moment, that is known for excellent cabernet grapes in Sonoma. (which is somewhat uncommon since the weather for cabernet is generally better in Napa.) They don't make wine but one of the wineries we really like uses them and highlights this in their marketing of those particular wines. We've seen them noted at other wineries or when looking at a wine list in a restaurant and we immediately make the connection (or actually SO does since he has a better memory for this type of thing...)

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Wow! That recipe in the video looks awesome! The one I used was similar except it didn't include the yogurt/lemon juice and I bet that extra little punch will make all the difference. SO has bowling again wednesday and we have extra chicken thighs from dinner tonight so I may have to take a second stab at chicken tikka masala!
    Well, I went to the store today to get yogurt so I could try another attempt at chicken tikka masala. Since the video recipe was basically the same as what I had used previously, except for the yogurt/lemon juice bit near the beginning I just followed the first recipe. As I got to the end and was adding the cream I realized that I had, in fact, forgotten to put in the yogurt/lemon juice. Arrrrgh. So I tossed those in two minutes before I was finished cooking. I'm sure Indian cooks everywhere were cringing involuntarily at my haphazard effort to save the day. But I must say, even doing it wrong, the result was even more delicious than my first attempt. Next week perhaps I'll do a third attempt. But before next time I will add in the yogurt/lemon juice to the recipe on my phone so that I don't make the same mistake twice.

Went to Aldi's today and they had the Tikka Masala. Got a jar based on all the recommendations.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

BBQ Meatloff and rice. Here is the meatloff recipe that I tried: bbqinsider.com/recipes/recipes-bbq-meatloaf/

Shredded chicken in an as-yet-to-be-determined sauce and baked sweet potatoes. Something easy for other household members to reheat.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

tilapia and asparagus. Maybe some small yellow potatoes.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Turkey breast, roasted asparagus, steamed broccoli and brown rice. It's actually the first time I've made dinner in a while!

Thread Information