Page 115 of 236 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 2352

Thread: What's for dinner?

Had my first dinner party on my patio this evening and served appetizer of goat cheese and pork pate, cold roast beef with horseradish, sliced tomatoes, potato salad, two different coleslaws (one new recipe to try), pickled beets with dessert of strawberries over mango custard, banana mini-muffins and tea.
    The breeze on a warm evening and birds singing their hearts out made for a lovely evening.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Had my first dinner party on my patio this evening and served appetizer of goat cheese and pork pate, cold roast beef with horseradish, sliced tomatoes, potato salad, two different coleslaws (one new recipe to try), pickled beets with dessert of strawberries over mango custard, banana mini-muffins and tea.
    The breeze on a warm evening and birds singing their hearts out made for a lovely evening.
    Sounds wonderful! Quite the menu! Glad it was a lovely time.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Razz, that sounds great! I love to eat outside on a nice day.

So I've been having a very productive kitchen day and have the choice of three different things for dinner - fried rice, quinoa and veggies, and sweet potato w/ground turkey, cheese and a side of brussel sprouts. Whatever we don't eat will be dinners for the upcoming week.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Leftovers
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Steak, potatoes, Mac and cheese and veggies.

Mid Atlantic coast after 30 years in No CA
    I got creative (and lazy) and made a Salad Nicoise. Only had to hard-boil a couple of eggs. It was quite tasty....I was missing a few ingredients such as green beans or asaperagus, but I subbed in others..
    peaceful, easy feeling

Salmon both nights of the weekend. I'll straight out say it was anything but frugal. With rice. Once with asparagus (grilled with salt and pepper and olive oil with lemon and orange juice). Once with broccolini, boiled down and then sautéed with garlic. In the past month or so I have had both broccoli rabe and broccolini for the first time ever. Of course the rabe is more bitter and takes some getting used to, the broccolini is wonderful, it is New and Improved and Easier to prepare broccoli (introduced in the 90s and just a very conventional cross breed of broccoli and another crucifer, no GMO).

Do I even post in this food thread if my dinner isn't impressive. Nope, it's total social media for me on the what for dinner thread: I only post when it's enviable.
    Trees don't grow on money

Taco salad and a quesadilla.

ANM: That sounds delicious, especially with the olive oil and citrus juices.
    We had smoked salmon on bagels with Neufchatel, cucumber, tomato and capers. This is a hot weather favorite at our house.

Thread Information