Page 214 of 236 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 2353

Thread: What's for dinner?

We have buckets of tomatoes rolling in which is great, so I’m cooking them down into tomato soup
    and freezing that. Also, I’m freezing bags of tomatoes.

We had stuffed peppers for dinner a couple nights ago that included these things from our garden: peppers, tomatoes, onions. These were cooked with beef to stuff, the peppers, be from my brother in law’s farm. He raises a few beef cows along with his herd of goats.
    I am not a serious person.

Our growing season has been so slow because it hasn’t really been hot except a few days here and there. Our tomatoes are still green. Our neighbor finally harvested some and left three as a surprise yesterday! OMG the Caprese salad I made with one was amazing! Since it’s hot today we have a friend coming over and we’re just going to grill some turkey burgers and make another Caprese salad with the remaining tomatoes.

Beans and greens with fried lima beans and spinach. Finally a cool day for some real cooking. It was a first time around for this and it was pretty good. It probably would do well with more garlic and some red pepper flakes.

Weather here in early summer was so cool that everything in the garden is going to be late and sparse.

Bought some green chiles since mine aren't growing well. Smoked 'em on the pit along with some chicken and made stacked enchiladas with both. Served with cilantro lime rice and salad.

Corn from the farmstand and our first potatoes.

Bacon and eggs, Earl Grey tea.

Neighbor just gave us 4 more tomatoes! Another delicious Caprese salad is on the menu tonight.

DH is so good at creatively figuring out how to use what we have. We started with chicken thighs, which he deboned, and then rolled them up with sprigs of rosemary from my garden, and garlic and onion powder. Then he put them in muffin tins and baked them for 40 minutes. Meanwhile he sautéed zucchini and squash from the garden and added stewed tomatoes left over from breakfast and added a little jar tomato sauce. I cooked spaghetti. It was delicious.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Tonight is tilapia filets since they looked great and were half price at the store today. Most of the online recipes to pan fry them are the generic salt/pepper/flour and then fry, finished with lemon juice and butter, variety. Which is fine. One of the comments suggested adding parmesan cheese to the flour. That sounds like a great idea so I will try that! Side dish of steamed cauliflower that we need to use up and we’re good to go.

Frozen pizza tonight. I'm too tired for anything else.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information