Page 120 of 236 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 2352

Thread: What's for dinner?

Sliced turkey and truffle cheese, with my customary mason jar full of cold mocha.

Pasta with (freezer) ratatouille and a little precooked/frozen meat! Shave a bit of Parm on top and oh yum!

Last night was Taco salad. Cooked/seasoned meat from the freezer. Easy peasy and no heat.

On my own... DH in the hospital recovering from emergency surgery he had on the 4th of July (he's OK--recovering as expected). I had a good lunch at the hospital, so I'll probably do a grilled cheese or a salad.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Salad greens:
    arugula thinnings from the garden,
    kale from the garden,
    rosie (purple) romaine and Lalique lettuce from the hydroponic setup in the basement, and
    a few wild sunflower sprouts.

I like to toss this sort of salad with olive oil and vinegar.

000_0559 (3).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Happystuff, I tried your eggplant pizzas recipe using my homemade salsa as the sauce, some pepper and salt plus parmesan sprinkle and topped with mozzarella cheese. It is soft but tasty. I like eggplant so am exploring new recipes for this veg. Glad I tried it and will make it again with other toppings as it is so easy. I want to try freezing the leftovers as the final test of any recipe for me.
    I'm glad you enjoyed it. For some reason, I'm thinking freezing will make an even softer - maybe even mushy - dish when thawed. I'm guessing at that, though and would be interested in your results.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Catherine: Glad your DH is OK!

catherine, anything "emergency" is scary! Glad he is okay. Prayers for quick healing.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Dado: That sounds delicious!

This morning I had a hard-boiled egg. I went to put cumin powder on it which I often do, but I accidentally used Penzey's sweet curry powder, and it was the most delicious hard-boiled egg I ever tasted! So I tried some on my potato salad at lunch and yum! Now I want to put sweet curry powder on all of the things!

Tonight is waffles, eggs, and sausage muffins. Last night was BBQ bacon and cheese stuffed pork chops with mixed veggies and apple sauce. Honestly, I could tell you what's for dinner for the rest of the month because I meal plan for the entire month because I could never decide what's for dinner on the spot. The only hiccup is when we do "take out" and I guess luckily, there aren't many choices available to us so the only question is "do we want pizza, chicken, burgers, or tacos?"

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    On my own... DH in the hospital recovering from emergency surgery he had on the 4th of July (he's OK--recovering as expected). I had a good lunch at the hospital, so I'll probably do a grilled cheese or a salad.
    Oh Catherine, is he okay now? I just saw this and hope is home already.

Thread Information