Page 163 of 234 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 2340

Thread: What's for dinner?

Hot dogs rolled up and baked in crescent rolls with homemade french fries and salad.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Comfort food for an overcast day - tuna casserole.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

I do not have to work tomorrow so it feels like Friday! Dinner is pizza on homemade sourdough crust - plain cheese, turkey-roni, and mushrooms & peppers.

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    I do not have to work tomorrow so it feels like Friday! Dinner is pizza on homemade sourdough crust - plain cheese, turkey-roni, and mushrooms & peppers.
    Enjoy your long weekend, Happy!

A friend had posted about a meal she enjoyed from one of those meal kit services, I think it was Gobble. It was a quinoa-arugula-mint salad. That sounded so good to me, so I assembled my own version, adding olives and cukes and feta and tomatoes. I made a honey, olive oil and fresh lime juice dressing, using the recipe from the harvest grain bowl I had discovered a few months ago. DH is deeply suspicious of quinoa (Are you sure this is edible? Couldn't we have Little Debbie snack cakes instead?), but he thought it was OK and I really liked it and would make it again. I made extra quinoa and froze it.

rr, that sounds like a wonderfully refreshing spring meal!

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post

A friend had posted about a meal she enjoyed from one of those meal kit services, I think it was Gobble. It was a quinoa-arugula-mint salad. That sounded so good to me, so I assembled my own version, adding olives and cukes and feta and tomatoes. I made a honey, olive oil and fresh lime juice dressing, using the recipe from the harvest grain bowl I had discovered a few months ago. DH is deeply suspicious of quinoa (Are you sure this is edible? Couldn't we have Little Debbie snack cakes instead?), but he thought it was OK and I really liked it and would make it again. I made extra quinoa and froze it.
    DH and I did a meal kit service for a while (Blue Apron): it was great in that in introduced us to things we had never heard of, never mind tasted (Quinoa is. mainstream to us vs farro). And somehow, even though we can't work together int he kitchen most of the time, we collaborated beautifully on making the meals. It was really a fun joint activity.

We stopped because while they claim it will reduce your overall food budget, it actually almost doubled it. We only got 3 meals out of the 3-day/week boxes, so those, plus all the other stuff we bought to cover the rest of the week, pushed us into almost $1k a month for food.

They are defiintely really delicious, and nutritious, so in principle, I like them. I saved some of the recipe cards so I could do them myself.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I think I mentioned a little while back that one of my kids briefly did Hello Fresh. While expensive, they did finally learn to cook and follow a recipe!

We were on a waiting list for a local CSA and they contacted us that we were IN! We got our first drop Thursday. Spinach, mixed salad greens, microgreens, pea shoots, bok choy, carrots. The quality is wonderful!

So we've had several nights of green bowls with beans and farro. Last night was spinach quiche. Tonight I'm braising the bok choy to accompany some pork chops. Maybe roast the carrots.

I'm thinking with all the veggies we now have to use "forcibly" maybe this will help me shed some of this Covid weight.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post

Sounds exactly like the age, quinoa distress and a freezer box or two of Little Debbie snack cakes.

A delicious vegan feast. Ok really it was pasta with pesto (no cheese). And roasted asparagus on the side (with olive oil, lemon and orange juice, salt and pepper).
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information