Page 171 of 236 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 2353

Thread: What's for dinner?

I am continuing to live without a stove and it hasn't really been a problem. The electric frying pan covers some of those tasks. The rice cooker cooked one batch of pasta just fine. I made crockpot lasagne which turned out VERY good so I will be using that method in the future.

I have a stove, but rarely use it, preferring small appliances with auto-shutoff--my Instant Pot foremost among them. I like not having to micromanage my food.

In the summer we rarely use the oven because it makes the house too hot but we still use the stove regularly. I’ve found that our grill, with the lid down, does a decent job of acting like an oven as long as I monitor the thermometer on it. I wouldn’t try to cook something that needs accurate temperature (like a loaf of bread) but for things like pizza it actually works really well.

Was very warm for us valley dwellers today, 100+. DW wanted to go out - or shall I say, she wanted me to go pickup her a burger/fries from a local burger restaurant. I didn't realize it was going to be a solo outing and decided to make easy dinner instead. Grilled cheese (pepper jack), sliced tomato, thin sliced dill pickles + red grapes on the side. I had the same except I just toasted mine on skillet, then added mustard and lots of lettuce - easy and very delightful and saved us probably near $ 20.00.

We had BLTs, but the bacon and tomato were from local farms, so that elevated our sandwiches to something truly amazing.

Grilled cheese sandwiches, too.

DH grilled out.. which he hates. Marinated pork tenderloins, fresh polish sausages and mild Italian sausages that are already cooled, packaged and in the freezer for future easy meals. Had the pork, cabbage salad with tangerine vinegrette, chips and fresh fruit today.

Garlic naan pizza with tomatoes and Basil. Our next door neighbor grows tomatoes and generously has given us three batches already. they are fantastic so I need/want to use up some of them.

Unaccountably, hot August Tea with plum and bergamot. I just don't feel like foraging.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Garlic naan pizza with tomatoes and Basil. Our next door neighbor grows tomatoes and generously has given us three batches already. they are fantastic so I need/want to use up some of them.
    Well goodness. I had planned to cook the pizza on the grill. Five minutes into heating the pizza stone I looked out the kitchen window and there was a lot of smoke. Apparently we procrastinated too long on cleaning the grill. There was a fire going on inside it. So I shut it off (and left the lid closed) and now it’s fine but at peak fire the thermometer was up to 500 degrees…I guess we need to clean the grill before we use it again. And I’ll be making my naan pizza in the oven!

Thread Information