Page 215 of 236 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 2353

Thread: What's for dinner?

Ice cream cones at the farmstand.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Ice cream cones at the farmstand.
    My kind of dinner!! Enjoy!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Fabulous Fried Rice from the Seeds of Change website.... excellent!

Summer hours have ended and this is my last Friday off, so a little bit special dinner. Put some wings in the cp. Will take them out later, put some BBQ sauce on them and bake them, along with some roasted cauliflower and maybe some wheat berries.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Tonight... I have no idea!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Chicken in a Korean sauce with rice and Brussels sprouts.

I'm trying to stop exaggeration. I believe exaggeration is the culprit of most things. I believe most things aren't really bad, you just overdo them. If you're going to eat chicken, eat a little bit of chicken, so tomorrow, you won't be bored with chicken. I have to start eating less, I eat mostly vegetables and organic things, still, I don't lose weight.

Ice cream again since our favorite stand by the lake is only open through Monday. Agh! They close the stands so early here, compared with Michigan.

There are melon growers not a huge distance away and my local produce market has yellow watermelons, seedless, small personal watermelons, and regular ones. I have an opinion that regular seeded are the best, but got seedless due to the mess. They also have honey dew mellows canary melons, and possibly a few others I've missed. Locally grown and shipped near ripe with some traces of a bit of field dirt. I got the traditional cantaloupes. So I'll be having melon with two meals a day for a while. My dad had a way of determining watermelon quality using a finger thumping method I've never quite understood, but part of the melon choosing ritual.
    "what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Just got one of those Rocky Ford watermelons and it is quite good. Din tonight is smoked spareribs, sweet potatoes and spinach salad. The garden is yielding an enormous amount of cucumbers and summer squash so trying to eat some of those every night.

Thread Information