Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm doing keto

I'm doing keto

I've been doing keto for about the past month. I've lost close to 10lbs. The last time I was previously weighed was at the doctor last July when I went for my annual. I hadn't had a scale at home for about 20 years! Bought a digital one off Amazon. I use the Carb Master app/website to track everything.

I was a carb hound - bagels, bread, pasta. That's in addition to the flavored/sweetened yogurt, milk, the occasional soda, etc.

I eat chicken, pork, occasional beef (either hamburger patties or taco meat with cheese and a bit of salsa on top), spinach salads (with tuna, tomatoes, feta), tons of extra sharp Cheddar cheese, eggs. I tried some of the very low carb ice cream, etc. Nasty stuff. My cold/creamy/sweet treat is Chobani whole milk plain Greek yogurt with sliced strawberries and a very wee bit of sugar. I can't have artificial sweeteners at all. I have a very bad reaction and my doctor told me to avoid them more than 15 years ago.

Heavy whipped cream in my tea. No sugar. I used to have a ton of sugar in my tea. A favorite lunch is deli meat wrapped around dill pickles. Once in a great while I might have some Townhouse crackers with my cheese. Drinking a ton of water.

I am still working out. I desperately miss the recumbent bike at my gym, which has been closed since around March 15 or so. I got nice bike free for asking around, and I ride when I can, but I can't take the heat/humidity we have now. Plus the spring was often cold/wet/windy. I do about 45 min on the bike. Just over to a local forest preserve and back home.

So what I do at home are chair cardio workouts. Because of my knees, standing for 20-45 minutes hurts. So I found several chair workouts on YouTube. And I am sweating by the end of them. They are not easy. I'll sometimes do 1.5-2 videos for a longer workout. I also have my dumbbells at home. I usually use my 10 and 12lb ones. I really need to get heavier ones, but virtually all fitness equipment is sold out or on back order due to everyone working out at home due to CV-19. I had already been doing a weight workout for a good bit at home, even before CV-19 hit.

I have an Apple watch and it's very interesting to see how much you move throughout the day.

I feel so much better. The more weight I take off, the easier my diving will be, with the amount of extra lead I have to carry and easier to get up the boat ladder with my double tanks.

I'll keep you updated.

Yppej
    I am trying to get back to keto. I haven't put on the proverbial quarantine fifteen but I'm up 5 pounds. You are inspiring me.

I’ve lost weight during quarantine because it’s giving me increase focus on — me.I’m not had to run around doing things and figuring out what to eat in between getting the things done.

If you haven't yet discovered https://twosleevers.com/ and her delightful recipes--keto and otherwise, I highly recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    If you haven't yet discovered https://twosleevers.com/ and her delightful recipes--keto and otherwise, I highly recommend it.
    I hate to cook. I'm not getting into any complicated stuff with cauliflower (I despise it) or weird ingredients. I tried a little bit of bread with almond flour and it was just horrid. I'm kind of a person of habit when it comes to food. I can eat the same thing very often and not get tired of it.

I'm not an eager cook, but I do like some of the cauliflower and almond meal concoctions. Urvashi has created lots of ethnic dishes with a keto slant. Definitely "weird," obscure ingredients. I love intricately-created food--intricately created by other people, so I can completely understand your not wanting to do a lot of culinary fussing.

I would love to have staff for that very reason.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I'm not an eager cook, but I do like some of the cauliflower and almond meal concoctions. Urvashi has created lots of ethnic dishes with a keto slant. Definitely "weird," obscure ingredients. I love intricately-created food--intricately created by other people, so I can completely understand your not wanting to do a lot of culinary fussing.

I would love to have staff for that very reason.
    Yes, that would be nice! Tonight I had two pork chops seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, sautéed in olive oil, with a bit of salsa on the side.

I would love to have a family cook in my house. I would have a cook before I had a housekeeper or a gardener, But I guess that’s why I spend so much money on food from the deli in grocery stores. But there’s not a lot of low fat stuff there.

Tradd, I also have not had a scale in my house for decades and while that has not worked in my favor exactly ha ha, I will say that the old style scales were kind of easy to fool depending on where are you stepped on them you can manipulate your weight. But my friend gave me his extra scale, a new type I haven’t used because I needed one while the WW ?Weight Watchers centers were closed down. Yeah you can’t fool it you jump on it one time and it’s stationary.

Down by 11.2 lbs total.

That’s great!

Thread Information