Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Texas!

Hello from Texas!

I've been off these boards for some time but hello again!

So much has happened since I last posted, and I will get to all that in the appropriate forums. For now, we, as a family of 3, moved mostly off grid, small cabin (750 square feet) on some acreage. Had solar, water catch systems, gardens, but we kept it super simple. Did a lot of hiking and exploring and learning a lot of skills. Still worked 40 hours a week and learned a lot about what I am capable of doing for myself and my family. I also learned how to live extremely simple and frugal and still be very comfortable. Ended up getting divorced and selling the land and cabin, with a lot of our upgrades (solar, water, gardens, tools, furniture, you name it, we had it!!!) and we made our money back and more. Son and myself moved to a 1 bedroom apartment, closer to the city. Still maintaining a simple life, even in the city. This is after a major job/career/life/lifestyle change and a come to Jesus moment a few years ago.

My current goal is to build my new career and get my son through high school and have epics travels/adventures and get as healthy as I can. Trying to find my ultimate fitness. Still trying to be more compassionate, love more animals and just be happy!

Looking forward to reconnecting with y'all. -Heather

We love to travel but the virus is cramping our style.

Welcome (back)!

I think you must have been off the board by the time I came on (2012); sounds like you've earned a lot of experience in those ensuing years. I'll check out your other threads!
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    We love to travel but the virus is cramping our style.
    Ain't it a stinker? We went to the coast here. It was very open, but we went during the week. We only stayed 3 days but it was worth it. I am learning how to camp out of my Jeep. It's been a learning curve.

Are you the person who had a bunch of dogs including a bulldog?

Welcome back.

Question: Living in 750 sq. ft. and the divorce weren't correlated, were they? DH and I moved to a 750 sq.ft. cabin 3 years ago, and so far so good, but there definitely is a lot of togetherness!

I love your projects on YOU. Looking forward to hear more about your career, fitness goals, and frugal, simple life!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

We sold our motor home before this happened and cancelled our trip to Europe for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Welcome back.

Question: Living in 750 sq. ft. and the divorce weren't correlated, were they? DH and I moved to a 750 sq.ft. cabin 3 years ago, and so far so good, but there definitely is a lot of togetherness!

I love your projects on YOU. Looking forward to hear more about your career, fitness goals, and frugal, simple life!
    No and yes, because no matter how much or little space you have, you have to communicate. It wouldn't have mattered if we had 3000 sq. feet or 300. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Are you the person who had a bunch of dogs including a bulldog?
    I've had several dogs for over 25+ years, one which as was a bulldog.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    We sold our motor home before this happened and cancelled our trip to Europe for a month.
    Awww! That is tough. We took one last trip in the beginning of March and it was cut short, as you can imagine. I am still going to live life! I hope we can all get back to the things we love!

Thread Information