Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Texas!

Quote Originally Posted by Txbeauty View Post
    I've had several dogs for over 25+ years, one which as was a bulldog.
    yeah I thought you were the bulldog person.

and your ex is/was a policeman?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    yeah I thought you were the bulldog person.

and your ex is/was a policeman?

Glad things are going well for you and welcome back!

Thank you Tybee!

It's been about a billion years since I posted here, so glad to see familiar names whose posting styles I remember happily. It's my birthday and the Forum sent me a birthday greeting is how I came to post again today. I hope to keep on. I don't think I know how to do this anymore--I meant to just post an independent post and it seems I've replied to someone else's post. Can anyone tell me how to do it as my own post? Thanks.
    I think deep in our hearts we know that our comforts, our conveniences are at the expense of other people. Grace Lee Boggs

Quote Originally Posted by larknm View Post
    It's been about a billion years since I posted here, so glad to see familiar names whose posting styles I remember happily. It's my birthday and the Forum sent me a birthday greeting is how I came to post again today. I hope to keep on. I don't think I know how to do this anymore--I meant to just post an independent post and it seems I've replied to someone else's post. Can anyone tell me how to do it as my own post? Thanks.
    Hi Larknm, so good to hear your voice again. Glad you are back.

Quote Originally Posted by larknm View Post
    Great to see you, larknm!! To post your own thread choose one of the forums (Open Forum, or Welcome to Our Simple Lives) and you will see at the top "Post New Thread" and then you can post your own thread. So glad you're back! Happy birthday!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Welcome back, Larknm!

Hi Larkmn, so what have you been up to? Glad you are back!

Teacher Terry, my main new thing I've been up to is my best NM friend, Ann, 90 years old, got Alzheimer's a number of years ago and I've been learning about that ever since, including how to continue our friendship. The best learning has come from the Alzheimer's Cafe, where my African Grey Parrot, Cochiti and I took her every month until Ann was put in a Memory Care unit and I couldn't take her anymore. But Cochiti and I have continued to visit her there (iuntil Covid) making friends with staff and residents and having a good time. And Cochiti and I have continued to go to the Alzheimer's Cafe, where Cochiti lives out her role as Santa Fe's first therapy bird, which she carries out with friendliness and total sensitivity to the people living with Alzheimer's, a population she and I have come to value. Alzheimer's Cafe, by the way, is based on the discovery that people with dementia do better when working in any of the arts, and some of their productions are fantastic. Our friend, Ann, who was a painter of representative style before Alzheimer's, now paints the most beautiful contemporary work. It's been good learning for me in these past 5 or so years.
    I think deep in our hearts we know that our comforts, our conveniences are at the expense of other people. Grace Lee Boggs

Thread Information