Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: YES! YES! YES!

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    IL....IL....IL.....please. Seriously. After we lost Tammy and Maria did I not post that I would cease controversial and/or zip code referenced posts? Did I not do this voluntarily? Have I not followed through?

I AM making good.money and what's even more bizarre, I seem to be liked and even respected by a few co-workers. I have been saving all I can and have even had the chance to cross train to supervise in produce. I'm learning a lot and am challenged but not overwhelmed.

That all said, of course I have kept up with Minneapolis and it's LEO issues. I just don't want us to lose any more quality members so I will refrain from posting in regards to this topic here. Rob
    Efforts noted and appreciated, Rob. Glad to here the job is going so well! Congrats!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Rob, that’s great news about your job!

About 70-75 people were shot last weekend in Chicago. Lots of officers have been retiring.

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Saw this a while ago - not note-worthy, in my opinion.

Trying to extend his 15 minutes of negative fame.
    Grownups took over the McCloskey case and eliminated felony charges and came to a plea-bargain agreement with the lesser charges.There will be no show trial for the McCloskeys.

Re: thoughts about the media circus we have been denied from our funny old curmudgeon newspaper columnist:

…All of this was in our future. We were going to be a happening place. Now that is gone.

Some of the blame belongs to Circuit Court Judge Thomas Clark III….He disqualified Kim Gardner (City Prosecutor) from handling the case because he said she had used the case for fundraising appeals. Pardon me, Judge, what was she supposed to use? A low conviction rate? A rising homicide rate? The nuts and bolts of the criminal justice system don’t excite many people. But a show trial moves the needle. She should have been allowed to use it in her fundraising…”
    —Bill McClellan

it made me laugh

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Grownups took over the McCloskey case and eliminated felony charges and came to a plea-bargain agreement with the lesser charges.There will be no show trial for the McCloskeys.
    What were they going to be charged with?

What did they end up pleading to?

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    What were they going to be charged with?

What did they end up pleading to?
    I don’t know. I imagine the Google machine would reveal that.

OK I will cut you slack:

https://fox2now.com/news/special-pro...e-in-st-louis/

…the couple faces felony charges for unlawful use of weapons and tampering with physical evidence. They have pled not guilty….”

another article says :

ST. LOUIS — Mark and Patricia McCloskey, who waved guns at protesters last year who marched past the couple’s Central West End mansion, pleaded guilty Thursday to misdemeanors and agreed to give up their weapons.

Mark McCloskey, 64, will pay a $750 fine after pleading guilty to fourth-degree assault, a Class C misdemeanor. Patricia McCloskey, 62, must pay a $2,000 fine after pleading guilty to second-degree harassment, a Class A misdemeanor. Mark McCloskey could have faced up to 15 days in jail; Patricia McCloskey could have spent up to a year behind bars. Neither will face jail time.

exactly which “unlawful use” law was broken is not clear from this article I found in a brief search.
    headline news sources says an evidence tampering charge was dropped from the Mrs.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I don’t know. I imagine the Google machine would reveal that.

OK I will cut you slack:

https://fox2now.com/news/special-pro...e-in-st-louis/

…the couple faces felony charges for unlawful use of weapons and tampering with physical evidence. They have pled not guilty….”

another article says :

ST. LOUIS — Mark and Patricia McCloskey, who waved guns at protesters last year who marched past the couple’s Central West End mansion, pleaded guilty Thursday to misdemeanors and agreed to give up their weapons.

Mark McCloskey, 64, will pay a $750 fine after pleading guilty to fourth-degree assault, a Class C misdemeanor. Patricia McCloskey, 62, must pay a $2,000 fine after pleading guilty to second-degree harassment, a Class A misdemeanor. Mark McCloskey could have faced up to 15 days in jail; Patricia McCloskey could have spent up to a year behind bars. Neither will face jail time.

exactly which “unlawful use” law was broken is not clear from this article I found in a brief search.
    headline news sources says an evidence tampering charge was dropped from the Mrs.
    I believe they were in for a brandishing verses stand your ground fight, since they were outside their house.

You are a brainwashed lot!!!! That anyone would choose or consider it acceptable to brandish weapons on their front lawns at any time tells me the difference between the US and Canadian way of life.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    You are a brainwashed lot!!!! That anyone would choose or consider it acceptable to brandish weapons on their front lawns at any time tells me the difference between the US and Canadian way of life.
    Overgeneralizing.

That said, I looked deep within myself and really can’t find much reason to come to the defense of the McCloskeys. They seem unlikeable, one reason for bringing out their guns now and then for other altercations with neighbors. Not surprisingly, they are also lawsuit happy.

I believe in the State and County where I live it is perfectly legal for me to stand on my own land holding a loaded firearm, so long as I don't "brandish" it. "Brandish" doesn't mean "scares the tourists because they are afeared of guns".

So I was wondering what *precisely* they had been charged with. I didn't watch the video of their behaviour with any interest in the past - did they point those weapons at anyone? Or were they just standing there like poorly-trained munchkins?

Thread Information