Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: YES! YES! YES!

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

YES! YES! YES!

The Minneapolis City Council voted a veto proof.vote to disband the Minneapolis PD!!!

I never thought I'd live to see such a wondrous thing - and in the United States! Color me thunderstruck but beyond grateful. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    The Minneapolis City Council voted a veto proof.vote to disband the Minneapolis PD!!!

I never thought I'd live to see such a wondrous thing - and in the United States! Color me thunderstruck but beyond grateful. Rob
    They haven't voted, they've issued a mission statement.

I suppose the good thing is there'll be lots of new job opportunities within the gangs who'll take advantage of the loss of opposition to protection rackets and hooliganism designed to benefit protection rackets. It should be cost effective too because the same hooligans can work both sides of the racket.

By the way I drove through Minneapolis this morning, parts of it looked like London during the Blitz, maybe if they can disband the police the rest of it can too.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Maybe you should move there. There will be some bargains as those that can will flee.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    They haven't voted, they've issued a mission statement.

I suppose the good thing is there'll be lots of new job opportunities within the gangs who'll take advantage of the loss of opposition to protection rackets and hooliganism designed to benefit protection rackets. It should be cost effective too because the same hooligans can work both sides of the racket.

By the way I drove through Minneapolis this morning, parts of it looked like London during the Blitz, maybe if they can disband the police the rest of it can too.
    Numerous media sources are reporting a veto proof 9 out of 12 vote majority. The Minneapolis PD is toast Thank God. Now the question is - which PD will be next? Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Numerous media sources are reporting a veto proof 9 out of 12 vote majority. The Minneapolis PD is toast Thank God. Now the question is - which PD will be next? Rob
    So, if I was robbed or threatened or my child was missing or car broken into, etc., who would I call?
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I hope some real reform is on the horizon. This gives me hope.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I hope some real reform is on the horizon. This gives me hope.
    Reform is one thing, disbanding is another. So, seriously, who would I call?
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Reform is one thing, disbanding is another. So, seriously, who would I call?
    Rob apparently doesn’t seem to care about such things. Police are evil, so they need to go away. He’s said in the past when asked, that if he observed a rape in progress, he wouldn’t call the cops. Because he doesn’t want to deal with them. Ever.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Would the protection rackets be like those run by the NYPD and unveiled by Serpico?

A friend of mine from Minneapolis said that the police department wouldn’t be disbanded but some of the money would be redirected to social services/social workers, etc like it used to be. Programs have shrunk while the police force has decreased. So if a person is suicidal you don’t send a cop who is likely to make it worse. Some cities have crisis teams of cops and social workers in dangerous mental health situations. My friend thinks it’s a great idea.

Thread Information