Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: YES! YES! YES!

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I believe in the State and County where I live it is perfectly legal for me to stand on my own land holding a loaded firearm, so long as I don't "brandish" it. "Brandish" doesn't mean "scares the tourists because they are afeared of guns".

So I was wondering what *precisely* they had been charged with. I didn't watch the video of their behaviour with any interest in the past - did they point those weapons at anyone? Or were they just standing there like poorly-trained munchkins?
    I’m pretty sure at least one of them pointed a weapon at a human. At least, that is the crux of the matter that would have been decided in court. ?

In this photo it sure looks like they, or she, are/is pointing a gun at…something. But we cannot see from their viewpoint. Is it empty space they are pointing at?

4CE06701-CA37-4FBC-B280-965466389511.jpg

She's got really bad trigger discipline.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    About 70-75 people were shot last weekend in Chicago. Lots of officers have been retiring.
    I read somewhere that the Portland riot squad quit en masse.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I read somewhere that the Portland riot squad quit en masse.
    I can't imagine wanting to be a law enforcement officer in today's world.

Yes. Apart from the inherent dangers and stress of the job, they have to endure throttlebottoms pandering to the ninnyhammer mobs. I certainly couldn’t do it.

I believe in the State and County where I live it is perfectly legal for me to stand on my own land holding a loaded firearm, so long as I don't "brandish" it. "Brandish" doesn't mean "scares the tourists because they are afeared of guns".

So I was wondering what *precisely* they had been charged with. I didn't watch the video of their behaviour with any interest in the past - did they point those weapons at anyone? Or were they just standing there like poorly-trained munchkins?
    He didn't point specifically at anyone, while his wife, pointed a weapon, that was a non functioning firearm (claimed it had been used in a trail, as evidence, and had the firing pin removed), at the crowd, with her finger on the trigger.
    Unlawful use of a weapon and evidence tampering (disabling the gun), were what they were charged with.

I agree. It strikes me as being so sad - remembering as a kid being told if you need help, go find a police officer. Now, they don't know what to expect when approached and I don't know what to expect when approaching, and vice versa.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

My interactions with police officers and their support systems havent changed.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    My interactions with police officers and their support systems havent changed.
    I noticed a subtle little difference the last time we were pulled over a couple weeks ago, that had never happened before. When the officer approached the car, he first came onto the passenger side and shone his flashlight in. (I was in the passenger seat) In previous past instances, the officer always went directly to the driver side and looked in from that direction. Nothing big, just a little thing that stuck out in my mind and I totally understand why the difference!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    If the recent NYC primary is an indication, it seems even New York Democrats are open to a law and order argument. People can make the connection between rising crime and prosecutors who refuse to prosecute various categories of crime and police quitting or retiring because they won’t put up with present environment.
    And now apparently we don’t know that at all. They screwed up the vote counting and are starting over.

Thread Information