Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: YES! YES! YES!

So this “defunding the police effort “ goes before the citizens of Minneapolis in the fall.

I’m glad the citizens have a chance to vote on it, that this is not a decision made exclusively by the city Council. And the citizens may well go for it , who knoWs?
    Last edited by iris lilies; 7-4-20 at 1:02pm.

I see lawsuits are blooming in Seattle from various parties damaged by their brief summer of love. Perhaps we will see some big settlements, although not of the sort Rob likes to anticipate.

I wonder what level of reduced police presence constitutes negligence on the part of city governments. Either in the opinions of the courts or the sentiment of the voters. Perhaps Minneapolis can show us.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    What am I missing? I don't see any successes by trump?
    Interestingly, in Madison "Defund the Police" was painted on State Street and "somebody" changed the u to e... Defend the Police....

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I see lawsuits are blooming in Seattle from various parties damaged by their brief summer of love. Perhaps we will see some big settlements, although not of the sort Rob likes to anticipate.

I wonder what level of reduced police presence constitutes negligence on the part of city governments. Either in the opinions of the courts or the sentiment of the voters. Perhaps Minneapolis can show us.
    Do you mean that either way the taxpayers get stuck for the bill of these lawsuits? If they’re not paying for the malfeasance of Police as Rob fantasizes about, they have to pay for the lack of police presence in the Seattle safe space zone.

I just love the way the little guy is taking it on the chin no matter what. Not.

In our own emasculation of the police department here in St. Louis, Our city attorney is up to her usual shenanigans.

Those of you who read headline news will recognize this image of a rich white couple pointing their guns at protesters in St. Louis.

E15E714C-7D19-4238-A13F-6792187671F8.jpg

What’s special about this nationwide headline is that our city prosecutor is looking carefully into this situation to see what charges she can bring against this gun totin’ white couple. Because you know it got nationwide attention so she is all over that. What is not getting nationwide attention is that Protesters showed up on private property. It’s hard for some people to understand, but in St. Louis some of our turn-of-the-century streets are privately maintained, privately paid for and they are private property. It would be as though this mob opened my front gate and came up onto my porch.

But our city prosecutor is completely unable to prosecute Any of the rioters, looters
    , and arsonists who shot policeman and set fire to my beloved Campbell house as well as completely destroying other buildings downtown via fire. But those other buildings I don’t care about, I care about the 200-year-old Campbell house.

Since St. Louis is a small town and we know everyone, my friend knows two people on that street who says this couple, the gun toting couple, were not very well liked. That is neither here nor there just local gossip.

Have the people that destroyed your Campbell house been identified? If not that’s the reason. This white couple have been and should be prosecuted.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Have the people that destroyed your Campbell house been identified? If not that’s the reason. This white couple have been and should be prosecuted.
    What charges do you think would be appropriate to bring against them?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I don’t know if arsonists were identified, and I have been meaning to call Andy (Museum director) to find out. I will hear eventually anyway.

But the main point here is that our city prosecutor will not exert resources to prosecute any of the rioters/looters/arsonists hauled into jail.She says she lacks appropriate evidence. It is impossible for me to believe that out of all the people hauled in and charged, there is not a strong case against at least one of them.

This is about politics. Her public stance is she’s not going after rioters/looters/arsonists because she is catering to her constituents. Instead, she is spending her resources looking into charges against a couple who did, what, exactly to break the law? I’m sure Kim will find something to charge them with if she looks hard enough.

It depends on state law. In some states it’s called brandishing and is illegal. If what they did is legal then they won’t be charged. They should have just stayed in their house. It could have turned into a tragedy.

It's not much of a castle if they had to go outside to protect it. That's not how they did it in the Middle Ages.

Thread Information