Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 217

Thread: YES! YES! YES!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5,978

    YES! YES! YES!

    The Minneapolis City Council voted a veto proof.vote to disband the Minneapolis PD!!!

    I never thought I'd live to see such a wondrous thing - and in the United States! Color me thunderstruck but beyond grateful. Rob

  2. #2
    Simpleton Alan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    8,202
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    The Minneapolis City Council voted a veto proof.vote to disband the Minneapolis PD!!!

    I never thought I'd live to see such a wondrous thing - and in the United States! Color me thunderstruck but beyond grateful. Rob
    They haven't voted, they've issued a mission statement.

    I suppose the good thing is there'll be lots of new job opportunities within the gangs who'll take advantage of the loss of opposition to protection rackets and hooliganism designed to benefit protection rackets. It should be cost effective too because the same hooligans can work both sides of the racket.

    By the way I drove through Minneapolis this morning, parts of it looked like London during the Blitz, maybe if they can disband the police the rest of it can too.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

  3. #3
    Senior Member Yppej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,940
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I suppose the good thing is there'll be lots of new job opportunities within the gangs who'll take advantage of the loss of opposition to protection rackets and hooliganism designed to benefit protection rackets. It should be cost effective too because the same hooligans can work both sides of the racket.
    Would the protection rackets be like those run by the NYPD and unveiled by Serpico?

  4. #4
    Simpleton Alan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    8,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Would the protection rackets be like those run by the NYPD and unveiled by Serpico?
    I think it would be more like "Gangs of New York" where if you don't pay your monthly or weekly dues, your house may burn down and the local private fire brigade which doubles as local arsonists can't help you because you haven't paid your dues.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

  5. #5
    Senior Member dmc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,260
    Maybe you should move there. There will be some bargains as those that can will flee.

  6. #6
    Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5,978
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    They haven't voted, they've issued a mission statement.

    I suppose the good thing is there'll be lots of new job opportunities within the gangs who'll take advantage of the loss of opposition to protection rackets and hooliganism designed to benefit protection rackets. It should be cost effective too because the same hooligans can work both sides of the racket.

    By the way I drove through Minneapolis this morning, parts of it looked like London during the Blitz, maybe if they can disband the police the rest of it can too.
    Numerous media sources are reporting a veto proof 9 out of 12 vote majority. The Minneapolis PD is toast Thank God. Now the question is - which PD will be next? Rob

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,189
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Numerous media sources are reporting a veto proof 9 out of 12 vote majority. The Minneapolis PD is toast Thank God. Now the question is - which PD will be next? Rob
    So, if I was robbed or threatened or my child was missing or car broken into, etc., who would I call?
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

  8. #8
    Simpleton Alan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    8,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    They haven't voted, they've issued a mission statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Numerous media sources are reporting a veto proof 9 out of 12 vote majority.
    You reported the vote before it was taken, but those goofy council members eventually did vote to disband their police department and replace it with "community based" public safety programs. I think that's code for gangs.

    I'll be travelling through The Badlands tomorrow but now I wonder if the South Dakota Badlands haven't been usurped in spirit by Minnesota Anarchists?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

  9. #9
    Senior Member JaneV2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    13,542
    I hope some real reform is on the horizon. This gives me hope.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,189
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I hope some real reform is on the horizon. This gives me hope.
    Reform is one thing, disbanding is another. So, seriously, who would I call?
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •