Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: YES! YES! YES!

Saw this a while ago - not note-worthy, in my opinion.

Trying to extend his 15 minutes of negative fame.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Saw this a while ago - not note-worthy, in my opinion.

Trying to extend his 15 minutes of negative fame.
    very much like pur city prosecutor. The two deserve each other.

Unfortunately, my tax dollars have to pay for her little vendetta game against Mark McCloskey.

Based on our city prosecutor’s record, I think Mr. M cCloskey is pretty safe.

https://www.kmov.com/news/records-sh...98e1fc94e.html

Not only does she fail to prosecute many easily prosecutable cases, when she DOES go to court she loses.

If the recent NYC primary is an indication, it seems even New York Democrats are open to a law and order argument. People can make the connection between rising crime and prosecutors who refuse to prosecute various categories of crime and police quitting or retiring because they won’t put up with present environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    A friend of mine from Minneapolis said that the police department wouldn’t be disbanded but some of the money would be redirected to social services/social workers, etc like it used to be. Programs have shrunk while the police force has decreased. So if a person is suicidal you don’t send a cop who is likely to make it worse. Some cities have crisis teams of cops and social workers in dangerous mental health situations. My friend thinks it’s a great idea.
    Evanston, IL (I believe) has tried to hire several social workers to do just this. There have been
    NO applicants. They will be calling social service agencies to see if there are any who will work with them on this. Heard it on the radio news earlier in the week.

Tradd, it only works if you hire a crisis team. Plus not all social workers are crisis trained specifically in mental health. They need to look at cities that have been successful in this approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Tradd, it only works if you hire a crisis team. Plus not all social workers are crisis trained specifically in mental health. They need to look at cities that have been successful in this approach.
    i’m sure St. Louis has moved to this model because I’m now seeing reports from the emergency line autofeed as “crisis management team “dispatched to xxx address.I heard a good local NPR show on this topic some months ago. Apparently a few years ago St. Louis did work with a social worker model. It worked like this: cops arrived on the scene to assess the danger of the situation and then the social worker showed up very soon after if that’s the kind of call it was.

The cops could leave right away but the social worker stayed worked their soothing magic.

it all sounds good theoretically, I just imagine that these domestic and family and neighbor altercations would not die down permanently but would flare up throughout the service call. I just think of the crazy stuff I used to observe while working in my flower garden in our nearby neighborhood. The last street altercation I remember was all women and children and they were actually fighting physically and there must’ve been a dozen of them.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 6-26-21 at 8:07pm.

Yppej
    When I filed a missing persons report on DS and asked that they try to locate him and do a wellness check I would much have preferred a social worker do that task. The officer made some odd remarks. DS never wants his picture taken so I did not have a current photo. He asked if he looked radically different "like he converted to Islam and grew a huge beard". I don't think a social worker would be so rough around the edges and would be better suited to checking on people in crisis.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Rob is too busy accumulating wealth, like the college educated privileged white man he is, to keep us updated on Bad Police in Minneapolis. TLDR Police still not “Defunded.”

NPR’s story that ran a few weeks ago:

Summary
    After George Floyd's death, a majority of the Minneapolis City Council vowed to defund the police. Ten months later, it hasn't happened, but the debate about police reform in the city continues.

https://www.npr.org/2021/04/03/98414...ice-stands-now
    IL....IL....IL.....please. Seriously. After we lost Tammy and Maria did I not post that I would cease controversial and/or zip code referenced posts? Did I not do this voluntarily? Have I not followed through?

I AM making good.money and what's even more bizarre, I seem to be liked and even respected by a few co-workers. I have been saving all I can and have even had the chance to cross train to supervise in produce. I'm learning a lot and am challenged but not overwhelmed.

That all said, of course I have kept up with Minneapolis and it's LEO issues. I just don't want us to lose any more quality members so I will refrain from posting in regards to this topic here. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    IL....IL....IL.....please. Seriously. After we lost Tammy and Maria did I not post that I would cease controversial and/or zip code referenced posts? Did I not do this voluntarily? Have I not followed through?

I AM making good.money and what's even more bizarre, I seem to be liked and even respected by a few co-workers. I have been saving all I can and have even had the chance to cross train to supervise in produce. I'm learning a lot and am challenged but not overwhelmed.

That all said, of course I have kept up with Minneapolis and it's LEO issues. I just don't want us to lose any more quality members so I will refrain from posting in regards to this topic here. Rob
    Ok!

Thread Information