Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Are You Successfully Simplifying Right Now?

Grocery shopping since we are having it delivered and now that the garden is coming in we are eating out of it instead of buying salad makings once a week. I did buy a food saver/sealer and will be freezing the excess. Having groceries delivered (mostly dairy and produce) reminds me of the good old days of having a milk man and getting it in the box on the porch. I would love to have that back again.

We actually had a milkman back in 2003, in the Chicago suburbs, Oberweis Dairy. It was so wonderful.

I've seen ads for milk delivery around here. A new thing? I hope it's a trend.

Oberweiss still operates around here.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Oberweiss still operates around here.
    The coffee ice cream and cottage cheese are to die for.

Simplified my garden this year. The past 3 garden years have been ruined by travel to emergency situations with my parents. This year, I've worked around what has come up and reseeded itself, so it looks a jumble, but I have annual and perennial poppies, borage, dill, white sage, artemesia, taragon, and have cleared dirt and added zinnias and cosmos, basil and tomatoes, and a central spot for jarradale pumpkins.

So out weeding now, but did not do a whole lot of planting this year, and just keeping up with where it headed by itself with the flower and rose beds, too. Lost my foxgloves, gained some hollyhocks. Only thing in pots I planted are nicotiana, rue, and an heirloom poppy from the national heritage site in Sleeping Bear Dunes.

Seems to be just the right amount of work.

Books. We’re finally putting in a wall of bookcases so I can shelve the keeps and eliminate dupes!

I remember as a kid going with my mom to the neighboring farm and getting a can of fresh milk. When we got home, she would ladle it from the can into milk bottle and cover with foil. One of my sister's used to always go in and take the cream that settled at the top of the bottles. Nice memories.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information