Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Study the Enneagram?

Anyone Study the Enneagram?

I've recently started putting my toe into this system- it's more than a personality type test. It helps you determine your passion, what makes you tick, and how your greatest strength can be your greatest weakness if you're not in a healthy position. Here's some information: https://www.enneagraminstitute.com/h...m-system-works

This same site has a good self-assessment test (takes 30-40 minutes and costs $12). Turns out I'm a 9 (Peacemaker). The negative side is avoiding conflict at all costs.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

beckyliz, I'm a peacemaker (#9), too!

I find it interesting and kind of a useful way to bring awareness to the the darker side of your strengths.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I'm 5, which tends to correspond with INTP. Yea I paid for that Enneagram test once I didn't infer it FWIW (depending on how much stock you put in such things).

I've often though this explains why some reality deniers have gotten on mine (many folks) last nerve: "Key Motivations: Want to possess knowledge, to understand the environment, to have everything figured out as a way of defending the self from threats from the environment." And I'm not a peacemaker

Most Ennegram writing on 5s seems not to like 5s very much though, it's like "ugh those people, yucky, I hate those types, oh well I guess I have to write something about them ...". So ... not fun, and not actually so inspirational either, outright distaste doesn't tend to be. Meyers Briggs does generally come across as less judgement.
    Trees don't grow on money

I didn’t take the test but fairly certain I would be a helper type 2.

I just took a test and I am Type 2 The Helper.

Here's a free one to try:

https://www.truity.com/test/enneagram-personality-test

I bet you are right about you being a 2, Terry.

I took the free one (can I claim that as a frugal?) and I am supposedly an 8, The Challenger, but I'm not so sure about that. I had a 95% match with 5, and that sounded a little more likely. My superpower is supposed to be optimism, and that is spot on.

Thanks Tybee. I took it and was right.

I’m a 1 with a 2 wing. I love the enneagram. My favorite personality theory, as it allows for many variations of expression of each type, based on one’s level of personal growth and current coping abilities with stressors.

I just did the free one and was a 99% match with Investigator. Which was most of my professional life. My super power being risk awareness. I spent 20+ years in software development where I was frequently asked about the risks of shipping our software at any given time. In my personal life that risk assessment has led me to a variety off emergency gear and knowledge. Certainly not Bae level but more than the average person.

I also took the free one and I was 9 - peacemaker, which I would agree with. When I uploaded my DNA report to Promethease I remembering coming across a maker that said I had a "non-warrior" gene!
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

Thread Information