Thread: Extreme Minimalist Wardrobe- Corporate Edition

Extreme Minimalist Wardrobe- Corporate Edition

I have to dress for work. I cannot come in even looking business casual. I had donated all of my fancy clothes when I left healthcare and worked in some very casual environments. To align with my values of being a minimalist and meeting the standards of dress code for my job, here is my list:
    1. 2 tailored pant suits- modern cut, not too tight, not too boxey, one in black, one in charcoal.
    2. Extra pair of pants, in black, with charcoal stripe
    3. What I call my Proper English Suit coat- it's a beautiful tweed, with some greens, beige, gray in it.
    4. 2 short sleeve cotton/silk blend tops- 1. black 1. deep purple
    5. 2 tank tops- dark green, navy
    6. 1 black sheath dress, mid weight fabric
    7. 1 charcoal grey dress, with a subtle navy pinstripe
    8.1 pair of flat black shoes
    9. 1 pair of black booties- short heel
    10. 1 pair of black kitten heels

Worked issued items: 1 Black fleece, zip up, 2 short sleeve polos- I choose the Black with a subtle print and Navy ones.
    I can wear my cowgirl boots on Fridays, it's Texas after all and they actually look cute with my outfits.
    I does not get that cold here and I can always add things like thicker tights and a cute hat and gloves to finish off for winter. I just wear the fleece to keep warm.

*I just ordered a beautiful french blue top. button down but short sleeve. This should mix it up a bit!

What do y'all think? And no, no one notices or asks questions. In fact, they tell me I dress very nicely. Tailored fit and keeping it simple in design helps.

I keep my work clothes just for work. Period. I don't wear them for any other times in my life. I keep them all in one spot in my closet.

Yppej
    Everything seems dark and/or heavy for Texas in summer. Beige is mentioned in one jacket but it's a tweed.

I remember early on in my career one woman who only wore black white and beige. They were all impeccably tailored clothes that looked elegant. I couldn't tell if she wore the same thing twice inn a week because she just looked so put together. Today we'd call it a capsule wardrobe. Back then it was eye opening to me that I didn't need a completely different look every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Everything seems dark and/or heavy for Texas in summer. Beige is mentioned in one jacket but it's a tweed.
    They like to turn the A/C Up here in Texas to tundra. Also, the tweed is more for the cooler temps. I can't wear beige, as it would get dirty too easily. I work around a lot of files, paperwork, objects, etc. I do have a nice lab coat type coverup at work. Most of the materials are mid to light weight and since I am not outside in the sun, the dark colors works.

Quote Originally Posted by Txbeauty View Post
    They like to turn the A/C Up here in Texas to tundra. Also, the tweed is more for the cooler temps. I can't wear beige, as it would get dirty too easily. I work around a lot of files, paperwork, objects, etc. I do have a nice lab coat type coverup at work. Most of the materials are mid to light weight and since I am not outside in the sun, the dark colors works.
    I think it's odd they issued you a black fleece jacket and black polo shirts, which don't seem to go with the outfits you describe.
    The outfits sound beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I think it's odd they issued you a black fleece jacket and black polo shirts, which don't seem to go with the outfits you describe.
    The outfits sound beautiful!
    It's that whole team spirit thing! HAHAHA! I like the polo's with my pants on Fridays. They are fitted and are made out of that cooling material, so it works! The fleece, I mostly just wear when I do tours around the facility and know we have to go outside when it's cold or into the tundra A/C!

Thread Information