Thread: Carpet cleaning services

Carpet cleaning services

I have an old upright Hoover carpet cleaner and at times have rented a larger shampooer unit from home depot, but I think it's time to get a professional service to see if they can bring a little more lifespan to my dingy carpet. Last go around I used a local guy and it didn't work out well. So I'm interested in trying one of the national chains like Standley Steamer, Zero Rez, or Coit. Over half my floor space is wood floors, so it's not a large area and cost may not be the biggest consideration.

Any recommendations or experiences, good or bad? Thanks!

We've used Stanley Steamer several times for a condo at the beach..black dirt paths. They do a pretty good job. One thing is that when you call tell them the smallest number of rooms...I say living room....not hall and bedroom as our condo is so small they'll do it all for the price of a living room. Usually around $90. The local guy who came to do it told me that.

Also used Stanley Steamer with excellent results when we were renting.

In my experience, how well the carpets turn out after cleaning dependS on two things, the yarn content of the carpet, nylon being most serviceable, polyester least; and the experience of the person cleaning, i.e. whether or not they have confidence in their products and the experience to use them well.

Thread Information