Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Seattle Autonomous Zone.....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

Seattle Autonomous Zone.....

I have so much respect for these protestors and for the mayor of Seattle! When I lived in Portland years ago I briefly dated a guy in Seattle and would take the Amtrak up on weekends.....I know the area this is happening in.

I worry that Trump will order the military in to.murder the protestors and that America truly will slide into 3rd world chaos. Thank You (sarc fully on), American police. Your quest to destroy this country may just work.....we'll see, though I do hope sanity rules the day here and no murders take place. Rob

I have a friend who lives in that neighborhood, who isn't quite pleased with his block being taken over.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I have so much respect for these protestors and for the mayor of Seattle! When I lived in Portland years ago I briefly dated a guy in Seattle and would take the Amtrak up on weekends.....I know the area this is happening in.

I worry that Trump will order the military in to.murder the protestors and that America truly will slide into 3rd world chaos. Thank You (sarc fully on), American police. Your quest to destroy this country may just work.....we'll see, though I do hope sanity rules the day here and no murders take place. Rob
    I hope no murders take place either---protestor nor cop.
    Is it ok to burn government buildings during "peaceful protests?" Should cops simply stand by and allow people to express themselves in this manner?
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

The rioters are not usually the protesters and it’s not okay for looting and destroying to occur.

What is the goal here? I know they’ve issued the usual demands for free stuff and unicorn rides, but what real outcomes can they hope to accomplish?

Who responds to 911 calls in this zone? Who picks up the garbage? Can anybody pass through the barricades, or are they subject to Antifa screening? Is the whole thing just a sort of anarcho-Marxist LARP?

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    I hope no murders take place either---protestor nor cop.
    King County/Seattle has one of the nation's best rates of survival from cardiac events, because of the leading edge protocols King County Medic One uses.

I hope there aren't any cardiac events in the Autonomous Zone, as from what I understand from my colleagues in the Seattle FD response options are limited and hampered at present.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    What is the goal here? I know they’ve issued the usual demands for free stuff and unicorn rides, but what real outcomes can they hope to accomplish?

Who responds to 911 calls in this zone? Who picks up the garbage? Can anybody pass through the barricades, or are they subject to Antifa screening? Is the whole thing just a sort of anarcho-Marxist LARP?
    Antifa or white supremist... round em up and leave the peaceful protesters alone. anarcho-Marxist LARP?????

Ha! Good luck finding "Antifa." Kind of like the fabled jackalope, its menace is mainly apocryphal. Republicans like to tell scary Antifa stories around the firepit at their fundraisers. Honestly--I would join it, if it weren't so hard to find. How could I resist something dedicated to fighting Fascism?

Lots and lots of Seattlites are trained in CPR, which is one reason for the high recovery rates of people falling victims to heart problems in public here.

Well, whatever militant arm of the social justice warrior community is setting up barricades and posing sternly for the cameras. The People’s Militia of Greater Oz. The Emerald City Irregulars. The Vengeful Vegans of Vancouver.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Lots and lots of Seattlites are trained in CPR, which is one reason for the high recovery rates of people falling victims to heart problems in public here.
    Yes, part of the system is creating and maintaining a high number of citizen CPR responders, and also having the 911 dispatch agency be able to coach CPR over the phone, and having a high number of AEDs in place.

However, the CPR infrastructure is there to buy the several minutes of critical time for the professionals to arrive on scene, and transition to high quality CPR. You lose 10% of brain function a minute, basically, with poor or non-existent CPR...

So, in this neighborhood, citizen CPR responders aren't going to do beans, if the medic crews can't get to the scene quickly and transition to a higher level of care.

Thread Information